This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Classes have started. You’ve marched off to each class, secretly scouting the auditoriums for campus cuties while the prof goes on and on about the syllabus.

Freeze. Is that a Chris Pratt look-a-like there in the 4th row? You grab your phone to text your best friend when some guy who came in late sits on the stairs beside you – is that Michael Fassbender’s little brother?

“Girl, you better pick me up from class, we got a Starlord and Magneto situation over here.”

Your best friend texts back explaining how you’re too lame to be a real person. However, you are too busy kicking yourself for not waking up early enough to actually dress to impress. You log on to Her Campus for some much-needed help. And here I am, your fairy god…collegiate?

One of the hottest trends for Autumn is strong brows, simple eyes, and bold lips. Luckily, this look is super-simple, so you can walk into class and start flirting with that Chris Pratt look-alike in the 4th row without having to wake up earlier!

Eyebrows:

Aside from skin, eyebrows are the most important part of your face. Go and groom your eyebrows and just see how much of a difference it makes! You can get an inexpensive brow pencil from Covergirl that works just fine. It has a comb on it so you can brush your brows through until there are no visible pencil marks and your brows look natural but defined.

Eyes:

Go to town with the mascara, collegiettes. Load up those lashes with the right mascara and you will not look as tired as you are. Give them a good curl with a lash curler, and apply mascara wiggling your hand in a zig-zag motion to really define your lashes. This will also allow a lot of product to sit at the base of your lashes, giving the appearance of eyeliner! I highly recommend the Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal mascara for people who already have longer lashes.

Lips:

Wearing a slightly berry red shade during the fall makes all the difference in the world from drab to glamorous. Don’t be timid to start off, try Revlon Lip Butter in the shade Red Velvet. If you swatch a bit on the back of your hand, you’ll see that it has the consistency of a lip balm. What I love about this is how you can build it up to a beautiful strong red, or you can dot the tiniest bit on your lips and rub it in to get a light flushed colour. This is a staple during the colder months as it works as an extremely hydrating lip balm as well, and it won’t go on your teeth! You can also dab a bit on your cheeks, too!

Go ahead, sleep in for five more minutes, I dare you. Never ever forget about beauty sleep! Strut in to Con Hall with your PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte, not Physiology…) and sit in full view. Let them all see how cute you look this autumn.

Photo Source:

http://indigoflesh.org/tutorial-to-get-trend-make-up-2013/the-best-fall-makeup-trends-ideas-and-tutorials-53375/

http://www.beautyrsvp.com/2013/04/15/beauty-on-a-budget-5-best-brow-correctors-under-15/

http://nitrolicious.com/2014/05/09/maybelline-pumped-up-colossal-mascara-by-volumexpress/

http://www.drugstore.com/revlon-colorburst-lip-butter-fig-jam/qxp387954?…

Lisa Chen

U Toronto

Lisa Chen is currently a second year student majoring in the History and Philosophy of Science and Technology (it's a thing - I swear!) with a minor in English and a joint minor with Singapore National University in Asian Culture and Literature. When she is not editing articles for HerCampus and marveling at the amazing content her writers produce, Lisa is an executive on the Arts and Science Student's Union (ASSU) where she represents and advocates for the interests of over 24,000 students enrolled in the Faculty of Arts and Science. Lisa hopes to study law after graduation, preferably somewhere warm like California because Canadian winters are ridiculous and she loves high-waisted shorts. If you see her around campus, don't be afraid to come say hi! Especially if you love Adventure Time and Harry Potter as much as she does.