Shak Gobert ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Name: Shak Gobert

Year: 2nd

College: Victoria!

Major: Ethics, Society, and Law

Place you call home: I still consider Alberta my home. Edmonton, Alberta.

Relationship status: I’m freshly single.

University of Toronto’s best kept secret: Diabolos.

Boxers or briefs? Briefs.

Your idea of the perfect Valentine’s Day date: Dinner, of course. Wait. A movie first, then dinner, so you have something to talk about during the dinner. As for the movie, it has got to be a cliché Valentine’s Day type of movie. Mainly because it’s the only day you can get away with it, as a guy! And I secretly love cliché Valentine’s Day movies.

If you could date any celebrity, who would it be? Kate Upton. Oh yeahhh. For sure.

Describe your “ideal” woman in 10 words or less: Confident, interesting, funny, daring, smiley, and attractive.

Something that you want every girl to know: Don’t be afraid to approach, or don’t be afraid to make the first move.

Top turn-ons: Bedroom eyes, a really good cook, and great taste in literature.

Top turn-off: If they’re overly shy, not talkative, have no confidence in themselves, and look down a lot. That’s a big turn off. And oh! Dangly belly button piercings. Some guys may find that hot, but no. Doesn’t work for me.

Something no one knows about you is: I used to be really religious: A Jehovah’s Witness, actually. *Laughs*

Unique fact about you: Surprisingly enough, I’m Cree. First Nations.

Best part of being a UofT student: Being here in the city all the time! To be able to go from campus to downtown Toronto in less than 5 minutes. It’s great! There’s always something to do. Not mention all the crazies everywhere.

Favoutie artist and piece of art: Norval Morrisseau is my favourite artist. I’m really into First Nation’s art, so as for my favourite piece of art, anything by Daphne Odjig

Name one thing from your UofT bucket list: pull an all-nighter on top of the rooftop of one of the UofT buildings. Then, just hang out up there with some friends, have a few drinks, and maybe have a BBQ in the middle of the night. Overall, I’d just have a really wicked time on top of the rooftop of a UofT building. Hopefully it doesn’t rain!.

If you were stranded on an island with 3 things, what would you bring? I would bring… I want to say my MacBook, but that’d be useless, of course. I guess I’d bring a really interesting big book, which would be quite long, as well. My underwear, my briefs! Haha. And my dog.

Celebrity look-a-like: Sterling Knight

What do you think is your best attribute: I think I am talkative, in a good sort of way. I’m not shy to talk about anything. *Anything.* Hint, hint. As for my best physical attribute, I’d say my dimples. Although I’ve noticed that they’re slowly disappearing.  

Who is your favourite Disney princess and why? Pocahontas. All her friends are animals. She’s my Disney dream girl. Such a sexy environmentalist.

Brunettes, blondes, or redheads? Redheads. My previous girlfriend was a redhead.

Famous Last Words: Oh come on, just try it. *Just* one time.

How do you feel about being chosen as a Campus Cutie: Flattered. Highly flattered. And, I didn’t know I was cute!

Vanessa is a third year student at the University of Toronto. She is majoring in Employment Relations with double minors in Sociology and Human Geography. She is excited to start the Fall 2012 year as the new Campus Correspondent after a year of being a contributing writer for the Chapter. She will be studying abroad at the University of Oxford during the summer of 2012, hoping to come back with many experiences to write about. Aside from her studies and Her Campus responsibilities, Vanessa has a great appreciation for style, health and fitness, travel, and the finest dining experiences Toronto has to offer.