Reading Week Pampering

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Hello fellow ladies at HerCampus.com, I hope everyone has wonderful plans for this oh-so-short reading break. Whether these plans consist of exciting adventures at the ski resort, a travelling shopping tour of the states, or just a relaxing week at home, be sure to cherish the limited time before the race to finals! I myself look forward to a two-day trip to Niagara Falls, as well as a date with my current obsession: OPI’s Spring/Summer 2013 Euro Centrale collection.

How often does the HerCampus population do their nails? Despite having a huge lack of self-control with buying all sorts of pretty-colored bottles, I actually don’t paint my nails very often. With all the meticulous work of filing each nail to the perfect squoval shape and the multiple layers that must survive smudge-free, my impatient and lazy self simply cannot endure all that time wasted. It took the convincing of my roommate as well as the impeding Fireball semiformal to get me motivated enough to do a simple two-coat job that made my nails look like a speeding fire truck for about two weeks (skipping the base coat and top coats, of course).

As the edges faded and the chips became more and more apparent, I realized that I had already grown accustomed to my nails sporting some pop of color, giving my overall outfit a vibrant breath of life. The sight of cracks made me more disgusted than looking at my bare nail bed, and thus began my addiction to color. The onset of my nail habit probably influenced my purchase of the Euro Centrale mini collection more than I’m willing to admit. Shall the collection be deemed a mere impulse buy or a worthy investment?

Sources:
http://makeuptemple.blogspot.ca/2012/10/upcoming-collections-nail-polish_31.html#axzz2LDkmGeOO

Linguistics and Neuroscience double Major with a Minor in Psychology at the University of Toronto. I love sweet things, traveling, good books and horror movies :)
Vanessa is a third year student at the University of Toronto. She is majoring in Employment Relations with double minors in Sociology and Human Geography. She is excited to start the Fall 2012 year as the new Campus Correspondent after a year of being a contributing writer for the Chapter. She will be studying abroad at the University of Oxford during the summer of 2012, hoping to come back with many experiences to write about. Aside from her studies and Her Campus responsibilities, Vanessa has a great appreciation for style, health and fitness, travel, and the finest dining experiences Toronto has to offer.