This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited by: Jina Aryaan 

I love experiencing with and trying out new makeup products, it’s really fun and enjoyable for me and it’s a perfect excuse to buy some new products. I haven’t really explored M.A.C before, because I’m always at Sephora, so I decided to shake things up. Over the Christmas break, I had the chance to try a few things from the M.A.C. store to add to my go to makeup look. Let me know what you guys think about these products.

M.A.C Strobe cream in the shade Peach Light: This product has completely altered my makeup look. It is a great moisturizer to put under your foundation. Even better, it has this beautiful glow that goes through your moisturizer, and makes you look luminous, glowy and beautiful. It comes in 5 different shades to match your skin tone, however one of the tones, the original one has no shade at all just the glow. I use the light peach shade, which adds a pinkish gold touch to the glow. It is a bit expensive, costing 40 dollars, but the bottle has a good amount of product that should last you a while. I use it kind of like a makeup primer, but the makeup artist at M.A.C said it wasn’t really made for that purpose.  I feel really beautiful when I wear it, and hey, that’s what matter’s right?

M.A.C eyeshadow in the shade “Last Dance”: I tend to go through different phases when it comes to makeup. Sometimes I love being completely dolled up with foundation and eyeshadow, the whole shebang! Sometimes, I go weeks without wearing any makeup at all. Over the break I stopped at the M.A.C store on Queen Street West, and decided to check out some of the eyeshadows. I personally like eyeshadows that pop, but are not too flashy or too bright. The shade “Last Dance” is a dazzling light gold colour that has a pink sheen to it. It is very sparkly and pretty but the light tone of the colour makes it very subtle. I love it because it isn’t too bright, but it still makes my hazel eyes come to life.

M.A.C Face primer: The M.A.C Prep and Prime Face Protect Lotion  primer is very interesting to me. The face primer is white and has the texture of a cream. It reminds me of a face moisturizer. It has a silk like, milky feel to it  on the face and is very easy to spread and blend all over the face. What I love about this product is that it has an SPF of 50. Since my foundation does not have SPF in it, this was a great bonus. Also, that is the first makeup product I’ve seen that has such a high SPF! 

M.A.C Eye primer: The eye primer that I tried has a nude colour and has a very thick creamy texture to it. Unfortunately, nothing really stood out to me  about this product. After a few hours out with that primer, my eyeshadow was messy and there was less product on my eyes. All in all, the eye primer wasn’t bad but I don’t know if I would spend so much money on that one.

Hope you’ll give these products a try! #lookyourbest 

Image 1/ GIF