Style > Beauty

Luxury Makeup Products Worth Splurging on This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited by Sophia Savva

I love playing around with and experimenting with makeup and different brands. I have been testing out and trying out some great luxury makeup products that are worth budgeting for:

Lancôme L’absolue Rouge Lipsticks

I love these lipsticks. They are incredibly creamy and shiny, these lipsticks are almost like a thicker lipgloss, as they feel so moisturizing and make my lips feel so hydrated and sumptuous. There are more than ten different shades from deep gorgeous reds, to beautiful everyday colour nudes. There is a lipstick for everyone. These lipsticks cost $40 dollars but are very much worth the price

Chanel le Volume Mascara

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried; it curls and lengthens your lashes and is absolutely amazing, incredible, fabulous! The volume this mascara gives your lashes is absolutely insane and I cannot find this in any other mascara. I have been asked if I was wearing false lashes while wearing this mascara. This mascara costs a crazy $43 dollars, but is worth every cent.

Yves St Laurent Touche Eclat 

This product is a cult classic: people rave about it and they have great reason to. The Touche Eclat is an under-eye highlighter, but I use it as a concealer. It is very lightweight, creamy, and does not crease. It looks very natural on the skin and lasts a long time. It is great to highlight and conceal, and it leaves your under eyes looking bright and flawless. This product costs $51, but if you are a fan of natural makeup and want to cover your dark circles, it’s definitely worth it.

Porefessional Primer

I absolutely love this primer. It is so great for prepping your skin and making your face the perfectly smooth canvas for your foundation. It really smooths out my pores and any fine lines that I have. Since it is mattifying and could be a bit drying for certain people, I recommend using moisturizer first. This primer costs $42 dollars.

Becca Beach Tint

This is an amazing blush. It is a liquid blush and lip tint that comes in multiple shades. The colour is very natural and can be built up. The shades have the perfect amount of pigment, so you can’t ever overdo your blush. This product is not sold in stores in Canada, but you can find it at Sephora.com.