Last Minute Valentine’s Day Date Ideas that Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Although love has been in the air since the month started, the official day is finally (almost!) here. The temperature may be dropping this weekend, but your love life definitely doesn’t have to. Here are some events to keep the sparks going, laughter rolling, and singles mingling:

For the love of sweets: The Sweets Tour

Running the whole weekend, this delectable tour will take you through Kensington Market to try out 6 different sweet shops. From churros to cupcakes, and lots of chocolate in between, the guided tour will help you discover some hidden gems of Toronto. Samples will be offered at each location alongside some fantastic discounts!

February 13-15th, 2016 | 11AM-2AM

321 Spadina Ave. Toronto | $35

http://tastytourstoronto.com/bookatour.php

For the love of love: The Love Installation at the Distillery District

Found the one? Why not commemorate it by locking your love at the Distillery District this Valentine’s Day? The Love Installation is an 8 feet high, 30 feet long steel mesh structure that allows participants to secure their locks of love. You may bring your own lock, customized with a message or purchase one at Biltmore Domicile, located across the installation. The steps are simple:

1.       Lock your love onto the installation

2.       Kiss your partner/hug your friend

3.       Throw away the key!

Don’t forget to share your love with the #DistilleryLove on social media! That’s what really makes it special.

Available all year | Sunday: 11AM-6PM

Tank House Lane, Distillery District |Free (if you bring your own lock)

http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/

For the love of friendship: Galentine’s Day with Thelma and Louise

Forget the lovebirds and grab your favourite gal this Valentine’s weekend for a screening of Thelma and Louise! This classic BFF film will be a late night screening at the Rainbow Cinemas Market Square. Being so close to St. Lawrence Market could be a great idea for a girl’s day out before the film. Check out some of the fresh markets, great food and unique shops for the greatest Galentine’s Day ever.

February 13th, 2016 | 11:45PM(ish)

80 Front St. E, Toronto |$7 (Student)

http://www.blogto.com/events/thelma-louise-galentines-day-screening/

For the love of fun: Anti-Valentine’s Day (19+)

No love, no problem. Anti-Valentine’s day is catering to all the singles out there for an afternoon of hilarious fun. Have some fun with real archery and even participate in a dating show to celebrate the day of love without all the cheesy theatrics. There will also be a Rage Room to let out a little harmless steam. Who wouldn’t want to smash some lovey dovey mugs? Bursting with unrestrained fun, this event will be a great way to make some new friends and crazy memories.

February 14th, 2016 | 2PM-5PM

26 Ashwarren Rd, Toronto | $20 at the door, additional fees for Rage Room ($10-25)

http://www.battlesports.ca/anti-valentines-day/

Tracy is a first-year student getting lost around campus on the daily. She is an optimist that tends to sleep avidly, however, she is by no means a misanthrope. She loves going out, but only as long as the food is as good as the company. It is remarkably easy to make her laugh, and she loves doing it (and will hopefully live longer because of it). Emotional to a fault, she will cry during movies and especially when reading a good book. All in all, she's an organized mess, a fabulously organized mess
Lisa Chen

U Toronto

Lisa Chen is currently a second year student majoring in the History and Philosophy of Science and Technology (it's a thing - I swear!) with a minor in English and a joint minor with Singapore National University in Asian Culture and Literature. When she is not editing articles for HerCampus and marveling at the amazing content her writers produce, Lisa is an executive on the Arts and Science Student's Union (ASSU) where she represents and advocates for the interests of over 24,000 students enrolled in the Faculty of Arts and Science. Lisa hopes to study law after graduation, preferably somewhere warm like California because Canadian winters are ridiculous and she loves high-waisted shorts. If you see her around campus, don't be afraid to come say hi! Especially if you love Adventure Time and Harry Potter as much as she does.