Kayla Rubino ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Name: Kayla Rubino

Year: Fourth

Program: Psychology & Human Resources double major

College: UTM

Relationship Status: Taken

A place you call home: Anywhere, as long as I’m surrounded by the people I care about.

What’s your usual hangout spot on campus? As boring as it sounds, that would probably be the library. Anywhere with old wooden tables and history – like the Hart House library or Gerstein – will do. :)

Your favourite thing about UofT? Oh, definitely the castle aspect. It’s probably the closest thing I’ll ever get to going to Hogwarts.

On a typical Thursday night we would find you: Running home from class to watch new episodes of all my guilty pleasure TV shows! Big Bang Theory, Vampire Diaries, Arrow – the more ridiculous the show, the more fun it is to watch!

3 things a girl needs in her makeup bag? Mascara to open up your eyes, blush to add radiance, and tinted lip balm or lipstick to make your lips pop.

Your celebrity girl and guy crush: Do musicians count? I adore Nate Ruess, the lead singer in fun., for his charm, unique voice and amazing lyrics. I also think Adele is perfect and should never change. Basically, I respect celebrities who have integrity, talent, and a down-to-earth personality.

The most attractive quality about a guy is: Kindness. The most attractive thing I’ve seen a guy do is help those who needed help but never asked for it. In my world, the nice guy never finishes last!

If Starbucks decided to name a drink after you, what kind of drink would it be? Let’s see – it would have to be half Asian and a bit sweet, like me. I’m thinking: a jasmine tea latte, sweetened with a touch of honey. For the record, though, I only drink my tea black!

Next dream vacation destination? Good question. It’d have to be somewhere with a totally different culture, fantastic food, and mountains. I love mountains. Japan is a good candidate – there is so much rich culture and history to explore there. New Zealand is good too, since I could frolic in the Shire!

Must do before you graduate? Seek out as many unforgettable extracurricular experiences as I possibly can.

How do you feel about being a campus cutie? Totally embarrassed! I’m flattered, too – but I secretly hope that no one finds out. Haha.

Vanessa is a third year student at the University of Toronto. She is majoring in Employment Relations with double minors in Sociology and Human Geography. She is excited to start the Fall 2012 year as the new Campus Correspondent after a year of being a contributing writer for the Chapter. She will be studying abroad at the University of Oxford during the summer of 2012, hoping to come back with many experiences to write about. Aside from her studies and Her Campus responsibilities, Vanessa has a great appreciation for style, health and fitness, travel, and the finest dining experiences Toronto has to offer.