This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

When I was in high school, the ultimate goal was to graduate and get into a good university. Now that I am about to graduate from University of Toronto (can I get a AMEN, sister?) I have no goals. I feel a little lost at times and apart from studying I haven’t given much thought as to what I wanted to pursue. Sometimes I wished I were born about ten years ago. Back then having a bachelor’s degree is unbelievable and you would definitely get a job. Now, it’s a basic requirement. Sometimes I wished I lived in a ‘TV world’ where cool jobs existed. It’s a lot of pressure to be deciding what you want to do for the rest of your life! So if you feel a little like me, have no fear, Amy is here! If you are a little lost and need some inspiration, here are some cool jobs you probably didn’t know existed!

Bed tester

Why it’s awesome?

No matter who you are and what you do, there are always days where you feel like doing nothing. Now being the lazy person I am, have you ever thought about having a job where you do nothing and lie in bed all day? Well lucky for you there is a job like this! You bounce on beds and test comfort for a living! Now can I get some zzzs.

Salary: $19,200

Cup keeper

Why it’s awesome?

Are you a hockey fan? Ever wonder what happens to the Stanley Cup when the hockey season ends? Does it actually go to the game’s MVP for safekeeping or the winning coach? Nope, there is a person hired to protect the trophy. This position is a guarded secret and every fan’s dream.

Salary: pride + money

Teddy bear repair technician

Why it’s awesome?

Build-a-bear. Everyone has one and it’s a $395 million dollar company. Because it is a one-of-a-kind item, you can’t simply go by another when the bears are damaged. The company hires teddy bear technicians who fixes the damaged toys and returns them to the their owners. You are like a doctor for teddy bears and heroes of little kids.

Salary: unknown.

Mermaid

Why it’s awesome?

Who didn’t love Ariel growing up? If you are comfortable being underwater and don’t mind having half your body confined in a mermaid costume then your dreams can definitely come true. Mermaids in Motion is located in Los Angeles and the business rents out professional ‘mermaid services’ for theme parks, parties and advertising campaigns. Get ready because this girl’s about to get her fin on!

Salary: unknown.

Academy Awards ballot counter

Why it’s awesome?

Your job is to sit backstage and give superstars (and maybe future boyfriends) an envelope with the winners’ names inside. Well, a week or so before you get to be on the ballot-counting team that is not as fun but the salary is amazing. If I have a way of ever getting this job, I will never let go. Unfortunately there are only two partners handling the task and your chances of being one of them are just as remote as your odds of winning an Academy Award. I may need to look into acting, maybe Les Mis 2?

Salary: $452,744

TV corpse

Why it’s awesome?

You do nothing. Yes it doesn’t pay much but hello I would not mind saying I have been on CSI before. It’s a fun story to share when you are grabbing a beer and all you need to do is stay very. very. very. very still. This would definitely be a back up for me if I have no job after graduation.

Salary: $125 – $200 each time

Food stylist

Why it’s awesome?

You work with food. If you are like me and being a chef is just not in the bags for you, this may be as close as you can get. Your job is to make food look sumptuous and drool inducing. You get the burger ready for its close-up. It is your job to make veggies look enticing. Ready. Set. Style!

Salary: $26,000 – $77,000

All silliness aside, I do hope everyone finds the job they are looking for. But a little motivation if you needed it:

Photo source:

http://strikingtruths.com/succ…

Vanessa is a third year student at the University of Toronto. She is majoring in Employment Relations with double minors in Sociology and Human Geography. She is excited to start the Fall 2012 year as the new Campus Correspondent after a year of being a contributing writer for the Chapter. She will be studying abroad at the University of Oxford during the summer of 2012, hoping to come back with many experiences to write about. Aside from her studies and Her Campus responsibilities, Vanessa has a great appreciation for style, health and fitness, travel, and the finest dining experiences Toronto has to offer.