timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Few Quotes to Live By

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited By: Joy Jiang

Words can have immense meaning to those who need it; here are a few quotes I found to be particularly notable when looking through various sources. 

“The first step is always the hardest, but you have to start somewhere.”

I think we all need to hear this; whether it’s regarding the beginning of an essay or making positive life changes, it’s important to remember that nothing comes easily. That initial point of beginning something is always difficult, but of course, you can’t get anywhere without trying.

“Don’t compare your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 20.”

Everyone has their own struggles and nobody is the same. Don’t worry if others seem to be doing things faster than you. It’s impossible to compare yourself to others.

“Expect nothing, appreciate everything.”

Live with a positive state of mind and life will be quite a bit better. It’s all about having a good mindset and this idea definitely helps. 

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” 

It isn’t always easy to understand why things happen the way they do, but looking back on past experiences will give you guidance on how to approach things in the future. Live life and reflect on it later.

“Sometimes you win and sometimes you learn.” 

Everything in life will teach you something, even if it doesn’t end the way you might have anticipated. If it doesn’t go your way, you will still grow as a person.

Image 1 / Image 2