Bernie Sanders is Coming to U of T

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited by Sophia Savva

On Sunday, October 29, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders will be coming to the University of Toronto to speak about what the US can learn from Canada’s single payer health care system. The talk, entitled What the U.S. Can Learn From Canadian Health Care, will take place in Convocation Hall

The 76 year-old senator became popular during his 2016 presidential bid and gained the overwhelming support of many young Americans.

It would seem that Sanders’s popularity amongst the youth extended beyond the US border, as his event at the University sold out in less than a minute, leaving many of his student supporters in Toronto without tickets.

For those who were unable to get tickets, you can receive a notification to watch the event by live stream here: http://www.broadbentinstitute.ca/bernie_sanders_is_coming_to_toronto The stream will go live at 11am

Dr. Danielle Martin, an associate professor at U of T’s Dalla Lana School of Public Health, and Professor Gregory Marchildon of the Dalla Lana School of Public Health will also be speaking at this event.

Marina S

U Toronto '19

Undergraduate student at the University of Toronto.