Ashton Hong ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Name: Ashton (like Kutcher)
Year: 3
Program: Political Science
College: Woodsworth
Relationship Status: Single
A place you call home: Anyplace my guitar is

What’s your usual hangout spot on campus?
Any and all green spots. Just to name a few: Vic College campus, behind Robarts, UC campus pathway.

Your favourite thing about UofT?
I can’t say for other campuses, but for St. George: the old buildings, the trees, the downtown life. Some classrooms could really use some cushioned chairs, though…

On a typical Thursday night we would find you:
In class until 8pm! And after that, probably at home catching up on my readings (or some z’s).

3 things a girl needs in her makeup bag?
Integrity, a bold coloured lipstick, and confidence.

Your celebrity girl and guy crush:
If I must have one…Jennifer Aniston for her confidence, spunk, and amazing talent; Zac Efron for his heart-moving acting, modesty, and six-pack abs.

The most attractive quality about a guy is:
Passion/drive. Nothing more attractive than a guy who knows what he wants in life and one who would stop at nothing to achieve it (and if I actually end up dating someone like this, just don’t totally neglect me, please and thanks)!

If Starbucks decided to name a drink after you, what kind of drink would it be?
The base of it would be a simple (maybe rather plain, actually, but I don’t believe life requires any caffeine or too much sugar) steamed milk but the syrup flavouring would vary exotically (maybe mango or even taro) to capture the colours and varieties of life.

Next dream vacation destination?
Japan. That little island has outdoor hot springs that I must experience in this lifetime. (France with its rich culture and language was a close second place.)

Do you have any new year resolutions?
I don’t since I always have a goal or two I’m working on :)

How do you feel about being a campus cutie?
Truthfully? As a commuter, I finally feel like I’m becoming more involved with my university. Shout out to my girl, Vanessa: thanks ;)

Vanessa is a third year student at the University of Toronto. She is majoring in Employment Relations with double minors in Sociology and Human Geography. She is excited to start the Fall 2012 year as the new Campus Correspondent after a year of being a contributing writer for the Chapter. She will be studying abroad at the University of Oxford during the summer of 2012, hoping to come back with many experiences to write about. Aside from her studies and Her Campus responsibilities, Vanessa has a great appreciation for style, health and fitness, travel, and the finest dining experiences Toronto has to offer.