Arts on Campus: University of Toronto Art Centre

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Being an exchange student, I’m always on the lookout for super cool places to explore around the St George campus. Also, I love art and it’s nice to see that there’re tons of sculptures and art pieces all over campus (there was a snapshot featuring some, awhile ago). One day, I was wandering around University College (which remains my favourite spot in school so far), and I stumbled upon the University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC). I love the exhibition they’re having right now, which is titled “Rocks, Stones and Dust.”I was pleasantly surprised at how rocks can be transformed into art pieces and so I thought I would do a continuation for the “Arts on Campus” snapshot feature.

Here’s a sneak peak of what the exhibition has to offer!

University of Toronto Art Centre15 King’s College Circle

Hey there! I'm Miriam and I'm an exchange student from Singapore who is studying in the University of Toronto for a semester. I'm passionate about travelling, writing and eating and I'm definitely having THE time of my life right here in Toronto :)
Lisa Chen

U Toronto

Lisa Chen is currently a second year student majoring in the History and Philosophy of Science and Technology (it's a thing - I swear!) with a minor in English and a joint minor with Singapore National University in Asian Culture and Literature. When she is not editing articles for HerCampus and marveling at the amazing content her writers produce, Lisa is an executive on the Arts and Science Student's Union (ASSU) where she represents and advocates for the interests of over 24,000 students enrolled in the Faculty of Arts and Science. Lisa hopes to study law after graduation, preferably somewhere warm like California because Canadian winters are ridiculous and she loves high-waisted shorts. If you see her around campus, don't be afraid to come say hi! Especially if you love Adventure Time and Harry Potter as much as she does.