Apple Pie Day with Alpha Omicron Pi(e) !

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

It’s that time of year again! The sisters of Alpha Omicron Pi would like to invite you to their annual Apple Pie Day to strike out arthritis on Monday, November 10th from 9pm-12am. For only a $5 entry fee, there will be all-you-can-eat apple pie, as well as other country favourites. There will also be a raffle draw with many great prizes, a pie eating contest, and pie-an-AOPi! All proceeds from this event will benefit The Arthritis Society.

Arthritis and arthritis research is Alpha Omicron Pi’s international philanthropy. Since 1967, they have raised over $2 million dollars to support the mission of conquering arthritis. Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in Canada and it affects people of all ages. The Arthritis Society is the only charitable organization in Canada uniquely dedicated to funding and promoting arthritis research, advocacy and solutions to improve the quality of life for Canadians affected by arthritis.

The Beta Tau chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi at the University of Toronto has hosted Apple Pie Day annually since the 1970s. This year, they have made it their personal goal to raise $2000 dollars at this upcoming event to benefit The Arthritis Society. You can help them reach this goal by coming to Apple Pie Day and enjoying some of their delicious homemade pies!

See you Monday, November 10th at 24 Madison Avenue! 

Article by Eanna Morrison Barrs