Alex LaFortune ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Name: Alex Lafortune (the guy in the picture!)

Year: 1T3 – 3rd year

Program: Mechanical Engineering

Faculty: Engineering

Hometown: Ottawa

Status: In a relationship

Favourite part of U of T:  It’s so easy to meet people on a campus as big as ours. All of my best friends on campus are people I just walked up to one day. There’s always something going on that brings people together.

Favourite characteristic in a girl: I definitely click with a girl who’s outgoing, confident, and laid back. I really like a girl who’s not afraid to be straightforward with me; and I’m a sucker for blondes.

Favourite date: I like to keep things chill, like going out to a nice bar where we can just chat and get to know each other.

Deal breaker: I like a lot of shy girls, but if I can’t hold a conversation and laugh out loud a bit, I just end up feeling uncomfortable.

Hobbies: Swing dancing, guitar, writing music, taekwondo, and working on my bike

Food: I can’t pick one, but if I had to… beer and wings, especially after a long day.

Natalie has recently completed her second year at the University of Toronto with a double major in History and Ethics, Society, and Law. She is excited to bring Her Campus to U of T and seeing it expand its presence in Canada. She is also active in the school's Model United Nations circles and numerous organizations off campus and is best described as a political and pop culture junkie. Born and raised in Toronto, she is blindingly proud of everything the city has to offer including the best school in the country, no matter what Macleans says, and its sports teams, no matter how many times they may lose or miss the playoffs.