This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited by: Veronika Potylitsina

With the upcoming semester hurtling towards us at breakneck speed, we can’t help but think of all the things that come along with fall; new school supplies, photo shoots in the falling leaves, and of course, the season’s latest trends! That being said, it can be hard to stay on trend on a student budget– with tuition, textbooks, and rent to worry about it, Sephora’s latest products might be just out of reach. Never fear. Where there are great beauty products, there are great dupes, and I am here to present you with just 5 of the best for fall’s best looks, all for under $15.

1.The Product: Kat Von D’s Liquid Lipstick in “Nahz Fur Atoo”, $24 ; The Dupe: Nyx’s Liquid Creme Suede Lipstick in “Club Hopper”, $7

A few weeks ago, I was cleaning out my makeup bag. To my dismay, I found that my sweet pup, Norbu, had completely destroyed my Kat Von D liquid lipstick, plastic bottle and all. I wailed to my sister– it was $24 and I had only used it twice! Thankfully, Nyx has a line of liquid lipsticks for a fraction of the price. The colours are almost identical– a beautiful crimson with some brown undertones– and both have a matte finish. Since a dark, bold red is a daring statement, save this colour for special occasions and transform into the vampiric vixen you know you are!

2. The Product: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in “Soft and Gentle”, $38 ; The Dupe: Elf Baked Highlighter in “Pink Diamonds”, $4

Undeniably, highlighter is one of the biggest new products of 2016 and 2017. That dewy, soft look is enough to change your entire makeup look in just a few strokes of a brush. MAC’s Skinfinish is the definition of decadent; creamy, supple and highly pigmented. That being said, some of us need to glow on a budget– and Elf comes to the rescue! Popularized by posts on Instagram, this highlighter works wonders for its incredibly low price– so, like Drake, you’re bound to glow.

3. The Product: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, $30 ; The Dupe: L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara in “Blackest Black”, $11

Like so many of us out there, I am a sucker for a great mascara. It’s simple, it’s quick, and it can take you from “I need 17 more cups of coffee to even be alive today” to “Are there any cuties around? I need to flutter my eyelashes, like, right now”. Better than Sex is often considered a cult classic, and for good reason– if you want thick, fluffy lashes, it’s your go-to. That being said, $30 is a lot for a product that you use every single day, and more so, Better than Sex is notorious for drying out. Though the mini version is a good way to combat those dry, clumpy pieces, L’Oreal Paris’ dupe is an even better way to get those beautiful lashes on a budget. And, the best part: the packaging itself is even a homage to Too Faced!

4. The Product: IT COSMETICS, Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ $49     The Dupe: Covergirl’s Smoothers BB Cream, $6

Skincare is one of the most difficult things to save money on; after all, your skin is the literal foundation of your beauty routine. I personally shy away from heavy bases and prefer a BB or CC cream. The IT COSMETICS CC+ cream is luxurious, and definitely a good choice if your skin is sensitive, or if there is previous scarring or damage to the skin. In my opinion, if breakouts are a problem area for you, spending $49 on a light, airy CC cream is a great investment. However, if you’re just looking for some light coverage and an evening tone, Covergirl’s dupe is an excellent way to smooth skin without breaking the bank (or breaking out)!

5. The Product: Yves Saint Laurent Couture Kajal Eye Pencil in “Noir Ardent” $39     The Dupe: Maybelline Colossal Kajal, $13

Anyone who knows me knows I am an eyeliner gal, through and through. Though liquid liner is a classic, Kajal eyeliner is an amazing, smokey alternative. Not only can both of these products be used as a liner, but also as the foundation for a beautiful, smokey eye. Maybelline’s version of this colossal trend holds up– though it’s not as long lasting, it still creates an intense smokiness that is undeniably sexy, yet sophisticated. So, go put Cleopatra to shame– for less than $15.

Do you have any products you want to see duped for Fall 2017? Leave a suggestion in the comments below!

Image 1/ Image 2/ Image 3/ Image 4/ Image 5/ Image 6/ Image 7/ Image 8

Third year English, Sociology and Anthropology student at the University of Toronto. Student Leader for Trinity College. Charitable Organizer. Philanthropist. Passionate about fighting hunger in the GTA and advocacy for disability rights.