15 Things To Do On Your Daily Commute

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Commuting. We all do it.

Some lucky souls who live close to their respective Uni campus don’t have to commute for long.

But some folks, like me, have to get up hours before our classes because we all just live way too far. Ugh, the precious sleep I have lost in the last two years!

sigh

And while we all tend to doze off, and/or listen to music, try to study and sometimes actually study, here is a list of things you can do on your commute to make it a little worth your time.  

1. Write fanfics-

(nerd alert) we all love reading some juicy fanfic of our favourite characters, why not write some?

2. Make a mental map of your campus building-

For all those who go to UTM, try to picture every classroom of Davis. Just try.

3. Beat box-

why not?

4. Pretend you are in a music video and create a weird storyline with dragons and sea monsters and Jedi and Voldemort.

5. For GOT lovers, revise the storyline and the royal family trees.

6. Challenge yourself to create memes/jokes from the things you see around yourself.

7. Try not to sleep without drinking your morning coffee.

8. Listen to all your pending podcasts.

9. Watch the tv shows you wanted to over the summer but couldn’t because procrastination exists and affects everything.

10. Try to write your previous lecture notes as if a celebrity gave that lecture, like Yoda or Trump or Donald Duck.

The possibilities are endless.

11. Give the people around you a story. 

That girl smiling at her phone? Maybe she solved the Bermuda triangle mystery, and someone stole her research. But she had faked parts of it because she doubted it might be stolen and now the thieves are basically submitting a weird F.R.I.E.N.D.S script to their supervisors.

12. Make superhero names for your fellow commuters and give them special superpowers.

13. Make your grocery list.

14. Create a unique ice cream flavour.

Broccoli pistachio or chocolate chip buttercream with saffron and hot sauce.

15. Yawn repeatedly and see who yawns with you.

Happy commuting y’all!

Edited by Veronika Potylitsina

Avleen is a recent graduate from the University of Toronto, finishing her Double Major in English, and Professional Writing and Communication with a Minor in History. She was an editor with UTM Scribes, contributor to The Medium newspaper, maintained a WordPress research blog, and has been part of the Her Campus community since 2017. Check out more of Avleen's content on her WordPress blog http://loveandthelaws.wordpress.com