This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

We all experience this the morning after a night out, yet somehow have no idea what it is and how to cure it. Well, you don’t have to worry anymore; here are some symptoms to help you identify your Post-Party Depression, or PPD:

1. Feeling Empty

You know that feeling you get when you wake up from a night out. It feels like there is a hole in your stomach that is swallowing you up and you have no idea what to call it. This is just one of the many symptoms of PPD: emptiness.

2. Loneliness

The morning after is really the worst because all your friends are either also recovering from the night before or they are actually completely fine. With these two separate groups, it can be hard to find someone to talk to and this attributes to PPD.

3. Tiredness

Partying last night might have taken all your energy away and so, the first thing you feel when you get out of bed is the desire to go back into bed. This feeling can be constant throughout the whole day as all you want to do is lie down and sleep the day away.

4. Urge to Go out Again

All the excitement from partying makes it hard to forget the feeling of last night. Throughout the whole day,you will want to go out and experience that freedom and excitement once again.

5. Looking for Photos from Last Night

We might not admit this, but the one constant thing we do when we are bored the next day is look up photos from last night. It is a way for us to reminisce about the events that took place and recall  the rush.

Once you have identified your Post-Party Depression, it might feel like there are no cures for any of these symptoms. These emotions can become all consuming. However, there are simple ways of curing, or at least alleviating, them:

1. Exercise

First and foremost, you should exercise or take a long walk. Go outside and enjoy the sun. Staying active can help release those feelings of wanting to go out again.

2. Hang out with Friends

Most of us who have PPD just want to decompress by talking to our friends. This is a great way to let go of all of your worries from the night before and release any negative emotions.

3. Watch Your Favorite Movies or TV Shows

If you are too lazy to be social or move, just staying in bed and watching your favorite movies or tv shows can take your mind off the previous night. This is a great way to distract yourself from wanting to go out again.

4. Repeat the Cycle

Honestly, if none of these work, wait until the next weekend and start the cycle all over again. This is probably not a good idea, but if none of the above options work out, what other choice is there? Maybe next time you will figure out ways to prevent your PPD from happening again.

Michelle is an undergraduate at the University of Pennsylvania'22. She is planning to major in Biology as a Pre-Med. Her favorite hobbies include drinking tea, taking terrible pics, and trying to find the next best TV show to watch.