Wear Your Bloomers Proudly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

I’m not a big fan of theater. To all the theater lovers out there, I apologize, but it’s just not my cup of tea. I like going to dance recitals, concerts, art galleries, and even music performances, but plays, no matter how exciting, put me to sleep. There’s something about the dark room with cozy seats and listening to people talk that makes me sleepy. Although my past experiences with theater did not leave me thrilled, I recently went to the Bloomers performance, “The International Affair: A Dramatic Nomadic Adventure”, where I was blown away. I actually stayed awake, and I loved it! The girls had so much energy and all seemed to love being a part of the cast.

Bloomers is an all-female musical and sketch comedy group that has been a part of the University of Pennsylvania since 1978. As it is completely student-run, the Bloomers shows are all written by each year’s group of girls and performed nearly every November and late February. They also have many floor shows throughout the year at different venues.

Because the Bloomers girls wrote the skits themselves, their performances showcased each girl’s personality and sense of humor. The Bloomers girls created characters from perverted parrots to the hysterical Von Romney sons that had the show attendees laughing until their stomachs hurt.

If you didn’t get to see their recent show and want a good laugh, check our their website, http://www.bloomerscomedy.com. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!

Former editor-in-chief of Her Campus UPenn