This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Winter break is a time to relax and focus on yourself. But with that comes a lot of free time you may not know how to spend. If that’s the case, don’t worry! I’ve compiled a list of my all-time favorite Netflix shows below. So, grab your comfy pants and fuzzy socks; it’s time to binge-watch some good TV. 

The Office 

This is one of my all-time favorite TV shows. The Office combines comedy with the perfect love story, making it a great feel-good show to unwind with after a tough day. 

The Office takes place in (well) an office in Scranton, Pennsylvania. The show is filled with hilarious characters, each of which will make your stomach hurt from laughing. Whether it’s Jim and Dwight’s duels or Jim and Pam’s love story, you’ll never get tired of watching this show. 

And there’s plenty of it to watch! With nine seasons filled many 20-minute episodes, this show should keep you occupied for almost all of winter break.

Parks and Recreation

Parks and Recreation takes place in the Parks Department in Pawnee, Indiana, where protagonist Leslie Knope attempts to tackle projects to improve her hometown. Somehow, these seemingly simple projects always get derailed by one ridiculous plot point or another. 

Similarly to The Office, Parks and Recreation is filled with unique characters, each of whom will find a way to put a smile on your face. Because of this, it’s a great show to watch if you need a comedic break from life.

Grey’s Anatomy

This show has been on air for over 15 years, and there’s good reason for it! Grey’s Anatomy follows the life of surgeon Meredith Grey, along with her peers, on their quest to become solo-flying surgeons. 

With its heart-wrenching surgery storylines, feel-good love stories, and comedic moments, this show will have you laughing, crying, and everything in-between. I can truly say this is one of the most addicting shows I’ve watched, and I couldn’t recommend it more. 

Sherlock 

This show follows the lives of a modern iteration of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson as they solve seemingly impossible crimes.Getting to see mysteries through the eyes of Sherlock Holmes is an unparalleled experience that’ll make you feel like a true detective.

Sherlock episodes usually run anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes, so this is a great show to binge-watch when you have tons of free time.

Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad follows high school chemistry teacher Walter White, who slowly turns into the top drug lord in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This show is thrilling and constantly keeps you on the edge of your seat. It’s a little more on the gory side, though, so if that bothers you, this may not be the best show for you. 

Designated Survivor

If you enjoy political shows, then this one is definitely for you. Designated Survivor follows Tom Kirkman, a lower level cabinet member who becomes the President of the United States overnight. 

As the new sitting President, Kirkman is tasked with healing the country after an attack on the White House, encountering several high-pressure situations that’ll be sure to keep you on your toes.

Any time you aren’t sure how to spend your time over winter break, just take a quick look back at this list. I can tell you first-hand that these shows are addicting in the best way possible. Whether you’re laughing with Michael Scott or crying with Meredith Grey, you truly won’t have a dull moment!

Rachael is a Senior at UPenn studying Neuroscience. When Rachael isn't busy with school work, you can catch her walking her Havanese puppy, Bella, or boxing at her favorite gym.