This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Like many of us, I downloaded TikTok a few months ago in an effort to escape quarantine boredom, and it’s fair to say that I’ve definitely been influenced by the app. While it’s dominated by dance routines, stan edits, and hilarious Kardashian lip–syncs, what I really love are the life–changing beauty hacks, tutorials, and reviews.

TikTok has changed the game when it comes to discovering new beauty products and dictating trends. The hashtag #BeautyTips has more than seven billion views, and many of the biggest TikTokers—including Addison Rae, Charli D’Amelio, and Dixie D’Amelio—have launched their own makeup lines, whether independently or in collaboration with existing brands. 

Naturally, after hours of scrolling through TikTok, I had to put some of the most viral TikTok beauty recommendations to the test myself. From heart–shaped blush stamps to color changing chap sticks, here are some of the best products—that TikTok made me buy. 

CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser

No matter how many times you refresh the For You page on TikTok, there’s no escaping CeraVe. This cult classic drugstore brand has been gaining popularity for a reason: it works! If you’re looking for a cleanser that’s both effective and affordable, CeraVe’s got you covered.

Although CeraVe has been around since 2005, it has skyrocketed in popularity during the last few years, partially thanks to Hyram—a YouTuber known for reviewing skincare products and deconstructing their ingredients. Through his videos, he shows his followers the best products on the market, as well as how to correctly use them.

L’Oreal Paris Makeup Infallible 24HR Fresh Wear Liquid Longwear Foundation

Another drugstore favorite that continues to pop up all over TikTok is the L’Oreal Infallible foundation. This product is the perfect full coverage foundation that still maintains a lightweight feel and formula. 

Whether you have dry, sensitive, or acne–prone skin, you can see how good this foundation looks on all skin types just by scrolling through the L’Oreal Infallible tag on TikTok. Even though I’m not the biggest fan of foundation, this product is perfect for achieving the appearance of flawless skin.

Freck Beauty’s Freck OG The Original Freckle

Faux freckles have been trending for a couple years, and I’ll always be jealous of people with natural freckles. As cute as natural freckles may be, however, they’re definitely not worth risking sun damage to your skin. Freck is the perfect product to make your freckle dreams come true. With their buildable, pigmented formula, you can get realistic, long–lasting freckles. It’s also super easy and fun to use!

Elf Poreless Putty Primer

This primer from Elf caught my eye as soon as I saw a TikTok video comparing it to the much pricier Tatcha’s Silk Canvas Primer. The putty primer has been raved about all over the app, and even has its own viral hashtag—#elfMagicAct—for its velvety texture and ability to minimize the appearance of fine lines and pores. Not only does it blur your skin, making it look almost photoshopped, the primer also helps your makeup last all day long.

Kaja Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush

Perhaps one of the most viral makeup products on TikTok is Kaja’s heart–shaped blush stamp. The product stamps a light wash of product to the face, achieving the perfect flush to brighten your complexion. Not only is the blush extremely fun to apply, but it’s also buildable, blendable, and perfect for that flirty, flushed summer look.

Starface Hydro–Stars

Created by former beauty editor Julie Schott, these pimple stickers have gone viral for all the right reasons. Hydro–Stars are hydrocolloid patches clinically proven to bust your pimples and prevent skin picking. On top of that, both Charli D’Amelio and Addison Rae have been spotted sporting these star–shaped stickers—if it’s good enough for them, it’s good enough for me!

While TikTok may have its faults, there’s no denying it’s been a great resource to discover new beauty products and trends. I found so many of the products I use every day on TikTok. So, give some of these TikTok beauty finds a try; you never know, you may just find your holy grail.

Aidah is a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania. She is a planning on majoring in Biology.