Rodrigo De Paula ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Name: Rodrigo De Paula 

Major: PPE (Philosophy, Politics & Economics)

Hometown: Originally from Rio de Janeiro but grew up mostly in NYC

Relationship status: Single

What kind of activities are you involved in at Penn?  Social chair of APES, Model Congress (but in it mostly for the free food), intramural soccer & basketball

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be? Barcelona is the coolest city I’ve ever been to. Unreal food, nightlife, and culture, plus it has a beach. And the fact that people take long naps everyday is something I can get down with.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?  NYC unless one day I get tired of the weather, in which case, probably California.

What are some of your hobbies?  DJ-ing, Crossfit, reading books (if I’m not too hung over), and of course FIFA.

Favorite midnight snack? 100% Peanut butter. Favorite snack at any time.

If you could have any pet in the world what would it be and why? This may sound heartless of me but I’m not a big fan of pets in general. I just don’t think I would take good enough care of a pet to be honest. But if I were forced to answer I’d say a cat because you don’t need to walk them or anything.

Best quality? I consider myself to be pretty “chill.”

Worst quality? My height (or lack thereof)

Ideal first date: If I’m feeling ambitious, helicopter ride over New York City followed by ice skating and then a carnival. If I’m going a little more realistic, a good meal and then drinks is the move. 

Favorite music (band, artist, etc): Red Hot Chili Peppers and then a lot of house music.

Favorite TV show: Weird but I don’t really watch much TV… but I’ll go with Entourage because it’s a classic and nobody dislikes Entourage.

Favorite movie: Anything by Christopher Nolan – Dark Knight, The Prestige, Inception to name a few.

Celebrity crush: Victoria Justice

Dream job: Professional DJ (professionally pressing play would be dope) 

Describe yourself in 3 words: Hit me up

What’s on your Penn bucket list? Attend the Fling Concert. I’ve never been since it always interferes with prime nap time in between day drinking and night drinking. If it’s someone good this year I’ll make an effort to go.