Mina Mizumatsu, GSE

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Smart, stylish, and friendly, Mina is a fun girl to be around. She is always cheerful, put-together, and ready for anything. Keep reading to find out more about this amazing and ambitious woman who loves old architecture and Korean pop music.

Hometown: Kurashiki, Japan 
Program: MSEd, Graduate School of Education (Higher Education Administration)
Languages: Japanese, English, learning Korean 
Horoscope Sign: Sagittarius 

What brought you to Penn? I came to Penn because it has one of the best programs for Higher Education Administration.  

What do you love most about Philadelphia? Old buildings. It’s one of my dreams to live in an old house in the Old City neighborhood.  

Favorite spot on campus: Fourth floor of GSE building  it’s the best place for me to focus.

How do you like to de-stress? Chatting with my friends and exercising at the gym (I love yoga).

Summer plans: I’m taking summer courses, and after that I’m going back to Japan!  

Favorite music: I like jazz, and also K-pop (Korean pop music).

Favorite food: I love fruits.

Guilty pleasure: I’m addicted to watching Korean dramas. 

What do you look for in a guy? Somebody with clear goals in his mind.  

Perfect date: Taking a drive to the beach.

Goals forthe next ten years: I want to work for a university and do a job related to international education. Also, I want to get married and have a child.

What are some of your best memories at Penn so far? I met so many friends that I hope to stay connected with for the rest of my life!  

Grace Ortelere is a senior at the University of Pennsylvania, pursuing a psychology major. She writes about crime and is an assistant news editor for her school's student newspaper, the Daily Pennsylvanian. Grace went abroad to Paris for a semester, where she babysat for a French family and traveled to many other cities--her favorite was Barcelona! She's social chair of her sorority, Sigma Kappa, and likes to ski, hike and paraglide.