Lacquer Lounge: Our New Favorite Nail Salon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Lacquer Lounge Nail Bar & Beautique has not only a cute name, they also have a superior commitment to health and safety standards. Their philosophy is to provide “savvy, health conscious customers,” (that’s you, collegiettes!) with “a place to go where our beauty and health experts are serious about nail and skincare.” The Her Campus Editors-in-Chief had the pleasure of visiting Lacquer Lounge’s new Rittenhouse location a few weeks ago, and we loved what we saw.

Just over the Walnut Street bridge we found a bright and bubbly pink facade ready to welcome us for our hour of pampering. When we walked in, we were thrilled to find that Lacquer Lounge was not your typical nail salon —  it was also a miniature boutique selling carefully curated garments and a great skincare product line. While we sat on their plush couches and waited for our services, the friendly staff offered us water, tea, and coffee. Completely taken with the clean design and fresh approach to salon sanitation, we were content to wander the space, pointing out each and every chic touch to each other.

We started with our face tans – yes, face tans! Perfect for keeping up a summery glow even as the seasons turn, we loved how this treatment warmed our complexions. The entire process was also super easy! No makeup removal was necessary, and Lacquer Lounge’s apple sugar formula was all-natural, chemical free, and quick to dry without stickiness! Just $15 to look like you spent a weekend at the beach in the dredges of Philly’s grayest season? We’ll take it.

Next up were our manicures and the only difficult part of our visit – how were we supposed to pick just one color from Lacquer Lounge’s impressive collection of Essie, OPI, and Zoya product lines?! Polish bottles finally in hand, we sat down for the best manicures we’d ever received. Our manicurists were professional, fast, and wonderful to talk to. Even with a basic Power Hour manicure, we felt as though we’d received the top spa treatment; all products were new, clean, and completely chemical free. Instead of having us stick our hands in harsh UV dryers, we dried at a sleek table with mini fans intended to provide us with a perfectly even and harmless drying process.

As we walked back to campus admiring our nonexistent cuticles and glowing faces, we decided wholeheartedly that we would definitely be back again.

Check out Lacquer Lounge’s Rittenhouse location at 2051 Walnut Street, and take a peek at their gorgeous website.

Click here for their services and pricing menu.