Josh Goldman ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is a PennChant with a passion for the outdoors. Read on to find out this PennQuest leader’s celebrity crush and his Philly bucket list!

Year: 2012
Age: 21
Birthday: March 1st, 1990
Major: History, Communication and Public Service, Spanish minor
Hometown: Needham, Mass. (Boston suburb)
Extracurriculars: 34th Street Features Editor last semester, PennChants, PennQuest

Relationship status: Single and ready to mingle

Weekend plans: Make dinner (I love to cook) and go out with friends. I’m also a huge fan of BYOs and Saturday night competitive pre-games revolving around beer

Your college career would not be the same without…: PennQuest!

Best Penn memory: The night Obama got elected was so exciting, everyone was out on campus, there was an impromptu rally by the high rises and then we all marched down to City Hall. I was running around hugging people.

Advice for Penn freshmen: Take advantage of what Penn and Philly have to offer. Never stay in, always go out. Also, go abroad (I went to Spain for spring semester of Junior year). Enjoy it while it lasts!

What’s on your Philly bucket list? Penn’s Morris Arboretum (since it’s free I might as well check it out), the Penn archaeology museum, and the art gallery next to Fisher Fine Arts Library.

Perfect vacation: I like to explore different cultures so somewhere where I can go out and see something different…and I can’t complain if there’s warmth and proximity to the beach. It’s always nice going to Spanish speaking countries and employing my skills.

Favorite sport: Tennis. I played in high school and haven’t played much since then, which is sad.

Favorite TV show: The Wire, and I’m a GLEEK (it’s a guilty pleasure). Also, The Daily Show.

Favorite band: The Shins.

Dog person or cat person: Dog, I think cats are really annoying.

Favorite food truck: KoJa (Korean/Japanese food on 38th and Walnut).

Favorite cartoon character: Skeeter Valentine, from Doug.

What super power would you want? Definitely time travel—so I could see my dad when he was in college!

What’s more attractive, Republican or Democrat? I will say a progressive democrat.

Perfect first date: Dinner and a good conversation.

Favorite pick-up line: I’m dodging the question.

Celebrity Crush: I have two—my celebrity female crush would be Beyoncé and my celebrity male crush would be Jake Gyllenhaal.

Does true love last forever? I’m too young to answer that.

Favorite quote: I don’t live by quotes, I do my own thing.

Words of wisdom:Take risks!

Grace Ortelere is a senior at the University of Pennsylvania, pursuing a psychology major. She writes about crime and is an assistant news editor for her school's student newspaper, the Daily Pennsylvanian. Grace went abroad to Paris for a semester, where she babysat for a French family and traveled to many other cities--her favorite was Barcelona! She's social chair of her sorority, Sigma Kappa, and likes to ski, hike and paraglide.