Jon Law ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is a multicultural prince charming from Denver, Colorado. When he’s not busy being a dashing brother to his 16-year-old twin sisters, Jon Law is wooing the ladies at Penn with his smile and radiant love for life. Keep reading to find out more about this Penngineer!

Name: Jon Law
Year: 2014
Age: almost 21
Birthday: October 15, 1991
Hometown: Denver, Colorado
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Relationship status: Single

Most time-consuming aspect of your life at Penn: Definitely engineering classes
Extracurriculars: Pi Kappa Phi, UPMUNC, ILMUNC, club lacrosse, SPEC Film, and SPEC Fling
Perfect spring break: I really want to go to Fiji, it would be great to go scuba diving and just hang out by the beach.
Favorite sport: Definitely lacrosse, but I also love golf!
Favorite music: I like a lot of everything. I like country a lot, but I also like Jay-Z and Eminem and Dispatch.
Favorite TV show: Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Archer
Dog person or cat person: 100% a dog person, I’m allergic to cats so it works out really well.
Favorite food: I love sushi.
Favorite spot to eat in Philly: If someone else is paying, then all-you-can-eat Brazilian steakhouses as well as Tampopo.
Celebrity crush: Kate Beckinsale
Perfect first date: I’ve always wanted to set up a date where I take the girl on a boat for dinner…I can’t drive a boat but someone else can do that…definitely watch the sunset on the boat, candles and all that…
What is your favorite thing about girls at Penn? They’re smart, it makes it easier to have a conversation with them.
What do you look for in a girl? Funny, cute, down-to-earth, athletic, nice, she has to get along with my friends
What is the first thing you notice about a girl? Her smile and her legs…
Do you believe in soul mates? Yes, there’s a spectrum…I guess there are multiple girls for you, but there’s also a perfect girl out there for you.
Words to live by: It is what it is.
Favorite pick up line: Pick up a sugar packet off the floor and tell the girl “excuse me, I think you dropped your name tag.”
Bucket list: Skydiving, bungee-jumping…and I really want to pee on the Ben Franklin statue