This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

This week’s Campus Celeb has made her mark on Penn’s campus through her artistic contributions and free-spirited nature. College senior Lindsay Rapp has made quite the impression on campus and has been turning heads as of lately. As Penn Admirers would say, she seems to have “the whole campus buzzing.” But what makes Lindsay worth Campus Celeb status is more than just a pretty face; it’s the spark of energy she brings into every room she walks in and, above all, it is her undeniable artistic talent that sets her apart from the rest.

Name: Lindsay Rapp
Year: Senior
School: Dual enrolled between Penn & PAFA
Major: Fine Arts – Painting

When did you first discover your passion for art?
Funny story—The director of my pre-school was so impressed with my artistic abilities that she entered me in an art competition, sponsored by the Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County, commemorating its 50th anniversary. My drawing won, and was placed on 10,000 calendars. I was awarded a savings bond and was interviewed on television.  So I guess we can say that my art career was launched at the ripe age of four.

Are there any particular forms of art that you are especially drawn to?
I am especially drawn to expressionistic figurative artwork. I love interesting application of medium, whether in painting or sculpture. I also absolutely love photography (although I am by no means a photographer myself). I love abstracted photographs incorporating models.

Where do you get your inspiration from?
I get my inspiration from anything and everything around me. Especially people in my life inspire me. When I get an artist block, I brainstorm or just converse with close friends/family, teachers and sometimes even strangers until I get struck with an idea. Looking at other’s artwork is also inspiring. Movies, music, performance, poetry, quotes, dance, photography, sculpture and painting—anything that can move me mentally, spiritually or emotionally can inspire me.

You have your own business on the side and your own website (www.lindsayrappart.com) to promote your artwork, but how exactly can people get a hold of one of your masterpieces?
Anyone who is interested in a print or an original piece can contact me via email, phone, in person or anything! I try to have my contact information as available as I can on my website and social media.

What do you think have been your greatest accomplishments in your artistic past?
I have won many awards, some even at the national level. I had the thrill of crossing the stage at Carnegie Hall to receive a national award and had lunch with Jeb and Columba Bush when they awarded me a scholarship. When applying to colleges, I was awarded scholarships from wonderful art colleges up and down the eastern coast. When I was considering colleges, a successful artist I admire in Florida told me that if I was really serious about an art career I should attend Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. So I took his advice and I have been beyond excited for this opportunity to be dual-enrolled at PAFA and the University of Pennsylvania! Both schools have stretched my world, growing me in all areas of life, even more than I ever imagined when I first embarked on my journey here.

Is it ever hard to juggle such a busy schedule?
Absolutely, more so than I expected—even though I knew it was going to be tough. The weekly workload with Penn classes on top of highly time-consuming paintings has been more than a full-time job. The commute between University to Center City daily usually takes up considerable time as well (around a half hour each direction via SEPTA). Not to mention my need and love for adventuring around the city in search of experiences, new faces and ideas to bring back to my easel. This year, however, I am fully concentrating on completing UPenn credits. In the fall, I look forward to returning to PAFA full-time. Then, I will be receiving a private painting studio. There, I will experience critics constantly circulating through my painting studio as I create artwork for my final year there.

What do you do in your time off? Are you involved in any other clubs at Penn?
I am interested in joining the new up-and-rising creative arts group at Penn called Cabal. I am also characteristically a spontaneous hobbyist. I obsess over a new craze every few months. I find these outlets a great means to let go of some steam and stress. My current craze is “Hoop Dance” with either LED lights for electronic scenes or using actual fire in outdoor settings. Just for fun, I am considering performing on my off-time around the city.

I really enjoy photography—you can many times find me around the campus or city capturing scenes with my camera or capturing anything that moves me. I have a long bucket list of things I want to do. I love skydiving, scuba diving, surfing and Bikram yoga.

What do you hope to pursue in the future?
I hope to get my work into New York City galleries. I would like to spread my work into galleries across the country and even around the world! I would love to travel and explore the world—meeting all types of people and acquiring a variety of cultural inspirations. My goal is to present artwork that will always evoke a thoughtful connection or special emotion for its viewer.

My most treasured original creation would be: The painting of my grandfather and me fishing.  He passed away, so that painting has a special place in my heart

Favorite spot at Penn: Wawa. I just like their coffee really. And their…well…. everything.
Most interesting thing on my Penn bucket list: Take a picture in front of College Hall on Ben Franklin’s lap with my diploma.
It’s a typical Tuesday night and I’m… Probably at a coffee shop, but honestly who knows.
Celebrity crush: I really don’t know! I don’t keep up with all of the celebrities quite honestly.
I couldn’t make it a day without… The love and support I share with my family and friends
Describe yourself in 3 words: free-spirited, fun-loving and passion-driven.
Quote you live by: “If you don’t go after what you want, you will never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no.” – Nora Roberts