Alex Saccone C/W 17′

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Name: Alex Saccone

Year: 2017

School: College/Wharton 

Major: Biology and Management

Hometown: Providence, RI

Relationship Status: Single

What activities are you involved in at Penn?

I’m the drummer in the Glee Club Band (come see us at Fling!), and I’m also in a jazz combo.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

It’s a toss up between Cape Cod and Florence, Italy. Pretty different, I know, but they would both be great places to live.

Best place to eat on campus?

I have to go with Wishbone. The food is really good, plus it’s open late and is actually an awesome BYO.

Favorite midnight snack?

Probably a bagel with melted cheese. It was rough not having a toaster in the quad last year…

Awkward Penn story:

My friends and I had to MERT someone that we didn’t know once. I later found out that the girl actually sat behind me in one of my classes, but I never said anything since I assumed she didn’t remember me.

You in three words. Go!

Easygoing, friendly, musical

What would your patronus be?

Kind of a cop out but it would be a black lab. I feel like my dog and I are always on the same page.

What’s your favorite song to jam to?

Right now I’d go with Worry by Jack Garratt.

Celebrity Crush:

Definitely Emma Watson. Did she choose Brown because I lived in Providence? Probably not, but who knows…

Ideal first date:

I’d say going to a concert and a cool restaurant. Nothing beats music and food!

What do you look for in a girl?

Personality and sense of humor are important. Basically I look for someone that I can have a lot of fun hanging out with.

Any fun or weird talents?

I’m really good at catching gummy bears in my mouth. Like I almost never miss. 

What is something on your Penn bucket list?

I can tell you it’s not peeing on Ben Franklin since my friend got arrested doing that. One thing that is on my Penn bucket list is to actually take Wharton up on their offer to pay for lunch with a professor (ed. note: apparently that’s a thing? We recommend somewhere slightly more memorable than Commons).

Lydia Roberts is a junior at the University of Pennsylvania.  She is majoring in Communication and minoring in Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies, and also in French Studies.  She is an enthusiastic member of an a capella group at Penn and has a affinity for sour gummy candy.