9 Formal Dresses for Any Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

With formal season just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start preparing. Book the hair and nail appointments, make sure you have the perfect date and have a dress ready! Still don’t have the perfect dress to rock on your formal night out? Try one of our favorite nine:

1. Beaded Bodycon Dress from Forever21, $22.80
Make a statement in this seductive fitted jeweled dress. Accessorize with colored heels and statement jewelry for a fun formal look. 

2. Cue the Compliments Dress from ModCloth, $64.00
Bring out your vintage-loving roots with this ’50s-inspired dress. This charming and adorable dress is perfect for any sweet girly-girl, and its bright red fabric will surely have everyone noticing you.

3. Band Apart Skater Dress from NastyGal, $68.00
This caged dress updates the LBD for the boldest of Collegiettes. With a button-down front and revealing panels, this dress is the sexy option for daring fashionsitas.

4. Band of Gypsies – Lace & Tulle Dress from Urban Outfitters, $69.00
This lacy cream dress is a great option for those boho-chic Collegiettes. Paired with your favorite nude heels for formal or a denim jacket and motorcycle boots for a music festival, this dress is as versatile as it is cute!

5. Two-Tone Combined Dress from Zara, $79.90
This dress puts a modern twist on the LBD. Color-blocking with a shade of deep blue, this tunic-like dress is an edgy, affordable and comfortable option.

6. Mango – Chiffon Drape Bustier Dress from ASOS, $116.36
Stand out in this bright yellow dress from Mango. While the yellow plays up the summery, innocent side of this dress, the contrast metallic belt makes it the perfect nighttime option. 

7. Adrianna Papell – Strapless Lace Peplum Dress from Nordstrom, $228.00
Look sparkling in this silver lace dress. The peplum adds a bit of flair to this shining dress.

8. Parker Dress – Grace with Ikat Beading from Bloomingdales, $374.00
This lovely white beaded dress is the perfect option for any young Collegiette. The beading and open back give it an unexpectedly seductive edge, while the front keeps it clean and classy. 

9. Haute Hippie – Embellished Silk Illusion Dress from Saks Fifth Avenue, $995.00
This Art Deco-inspired silk dress is one option to splurge on. The dress’s sheer “v” front and back inset add seductive allure to this unique dress that will surely have people talking.