brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

8 Instagram Accounts to Elevate Your Street Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

In pre-Covid times, fashion elites flocked to major cities like London or Paris to see new designer collections. However, the past year has forced many to find a more virtual source of inspiration. Thankfully, among the many existing Instagram accounts, from Insta-famous pets to pages of unnecessary life hacks, lie accounts dedicated to showcasing street style. Instagram connects some of the most stylish people across the world, with feeds as eye–catching and exciting as their wardrobes. 

Below are the top eight Instagram accounts I find myself revisiting to get my fashion fix. 

Pernille Teisbaek

Copenhagen native Pernille Teisbaek is one of the best players in the street style game. The stylish and creative director has managed to perfect the effortless Scandi aesthetic. If you love minimalist and refined styling, hers is the account to follow. Her page is an endless source of cosy knitted sweaters and eye-catching accessories. I’m always excited to see what she’s wearing when she pops up on my feed.

Amy Juliette Lefévre

It’s no secret that models have the best street style. But beyond Bella and Gigi Hadid, one person that showcases the effortless off-duty model look is Amy Juliette Lefévre. Her moody, sophisticated approach toward fashion creates a style that’s perfect for both formal and casual looks.

Nara in the Box

One scroll through this artist and stylist’s Instagram will inspire you to take more risks when it comes to your street style. Cheri is edgy, cool, and openly queer. Her Instagram is littered with photos of her rocking uniquely designed and tailored pieces, as well as unexpected clothing combinations that work as a cohesive outfit. With vibrant color choices and an icy blonde pixie cut to match, her feed is definitely one of the most visually pleasing on the site.

Erna Leon

For a blend of designer and high street fashion, look no further than Erna Leon, an entrepreneur and mother of two from London. Leon mixes fashionable, dressy pieces with more neutral wardrobe essentials to create a simple but chic look. More importantly, however, is her page’s focus on sustainability—she teaches followers how to build a timeless wardrobe that will last more than one season.

Coco_pinkprincess

I never thought I’d be looking to a ten-year-old for outfit inspiration, but Coco definitely has a better wardrobe than most of us. The Tokyo-based tastemaker has over 600k followers on Instagram, and you can see why with just one look at her page. With Takashi Murakami-era Louis Vuitton and an excellent collection of statement accessories, Coco’s page is a high fashion fever dream.

Kellie Brown

Plus-size fashion publicist turned influencer Kellie Brown’s page is perfect if you’re looking for outfits that are cute and wearable. After all, not all of us want to go grocery shopping in haute couture. Not only is Brown known for her impeccable taste, but she’s also a trailblazer for plus size women in the fashion industry.

Monikh Dale

If you prefer relaxed, classic silhouettes and a neutral color palette, then Monikh Dale’s account is the perfect one to follow. Equipped with a wardrobe full of dreamy dresses and perfectly fitted, tailored coats, Dale’s practical approach to street style makes building the perfect capsule wardrobe easy. Her page’s minimalist vibe is also refreshing and makes for a satisfying scroll.

Keita Tokunga

Disability activist Keita Tokunga is a regular at Tokyo Fashion Week, and his Instagram account reflects it. His page doesn’t just showcase his work as a stylist; it also addresses the need for greater visibility for marginalised groups like disabled people in fashion, as well as the need for increased accessibility in design spaces. Not only am I obsessed with Tokunga’s style and the outfits he puts together, but I also love his message of making fashion a more inclusive space.

Aidah is a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania. She is a planning on majoring in Biology.