’15 Yash Kothari

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is a trilingual athlete from Mumbai, India. When he’s not too busy charming the girls at Penn with his pearly-white smile, Yash Kothari can be found scoring for the Men’s Volleyball team or reppin’ the Wharton Rand Cohort. Read on to find out more about this adorable Arsenal fanatic.

Year: 2015
Age: 18
Birthday: April 23rd
Hometown: Mumbai, India. I was born in Queens, New York, brought up in Norwood, New Jersey but I consider myself Indian especially as I spent the past eight years of my life in Mumbai
Major: Undecided concentration in Wharton
Relationship status: Single, but not really…
Extracurriculars: Penn Men’s Volleyball, MUSE consulting, Kite and Key Tour guiding, Wharton Ambassadors, Rand Cohort Freshman Representative, Penn Microfinance, Wharton International Program

Did you see last week’s cutie, Robert Franco?

Perfect spring break: Maldives. I’ve been there, it was ideal. Just something so ridiculous and outrageous that looking back I’d know I spent my time well.

Favorite Penn memory so far: Homecoming. Seeing how amazing all the people affiliated with our school are and cheering my heart out for a sport I don’t know much about. I was screaming at the top of my lungs for Penn. I’m really proud of being at Penn and I loved seeing the whole school united like that.

Favorite sport: To play: volleyball or cricket. To watch: soccer. I’m a HUGE Arsenal fan.

Favorite music: I enjoy hip-hop and Bollywood and the fusion of Bollywood and American songs (like PennMasala)

Favorite food: Bagel and cream cheese!

Favorite spot to eat in Philly: I really like Pod, and also El Camino Real.

Perfect First Date: Just a really nice romantic dinner.

What is your favorite thing about girls at Penn? The fact that they’re smart. It’s important to me that whoever I date is intelligent and knows what’s what. Not just academically smart, but socially smart.

What do you look for in a girl? Someone who’s genuine, loyal, trustworthy, attractive, intelligent, and just compatible. Someone I really enjoy being around and who just gets me.

Where do you see yourself in 20 years? Having started a company and then running it. Probably in India, married, settled down, with a clear vision of where I want to go in my life.

Something you have to do before you die: Travel to every continent including Antarctica. Start a company that changes the world, like Steve Jobs. Go skydiving. Have no regrets and do as much as I can in the time I’m here.

If you could bring 3 things with you to a desert island, what would they be? My PS3 and TV, my shower, and tons of Gatorade.

Words to live by:“You can’t change the cards you’re dealt, only the way you play the hand.” 

Grace Ortelere is a senior at the University of Pennsylvania, pursuing a psychology major. She writes about crime and is an assistant news editor for her school's student newspaper, the Daily Pennsylvanian. Grace went abroad to Paris for a semester, where she babysat for a French family and traveled to many other cities--her favorite was Barcelona! She's social chair of her sorority, Sigma Kappa, and likes to ski, hike and paraglide.