Style

Winter Fashion Must Haves (including cheap dupes!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It can be challenging to dress for the weather and still dress to impress. With this style guide, I’ll take you through the best winter fashion must-haves for this winter season.

1. Berets (yes the French hat)

Cute and warm? Check and check!  This classic staple is the perfect way to be chic, while also being practical. H&M is currently the hot spot for winter accessories, with steals as low as $5.99. Even if you’re not into berets, you’re sure to find some other cozy essentials.

2. Puffer jackets

Who hasn’t seen the Kendall Jenner ad for Aritzia at this point. You don’t have to spend $250 to get this look. Old Navy has puffer jackets on right now for 50% off of $64.99, ringing in your total at just over $30. This jacket is super cozy and will get you through the cold winter months in Ottawa.

3. Flared pants

In my opinion, there is nothing more festive than some flared pants and Joe Fresh and Zara are killing the game right now. Grab a classic black pair or go for something more festive like a check pattern or winter green. Joe Fresh currently has pairs on sale for as low as $19!

4. Black weather-wise boots

I’m all for a sturdy pair of Sorels in the winter but who wants to wear those to dinner on a Friday night? Buying a good pair of black weather-wise boots is more than an investment, it is practical. You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars, but a good $60 pair of waterproof leather boots goes a long way.

5. Cozy Knit Sweaters

This is probably something you already have in your closet but if not, your options here are limitless. From price points as low as $14.99 at H&M to $120 at Aritzia, you really can’t go wrong. This must-have is perfect for movie nights or staying warm in class.

Consider my signing off as official permission to go treat yourself with some shopping! With prices as low as $5.99, how can you say no?!

Until next time,

Xoxo

Maggie

Simply put I'm a brainy blonde. My friends say I am twins with Elle Woods, and you'll probably find a lot of my inspo comes from her girl-boss attitude. Hope you enjoy my posts as much as I enjoy coming up with content; happy reading babes :)
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.