This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Living in one of the world’s coldest capitals can take a toll on your body. Winter lasts a little longer in Ottawa than in most cities, that’s why we’ve put together this list of beauty products to get you through the winter months. This arsenal of products will make the cold weather a lot more bearable!

1. True Blue Spa Smoothing Foot Scrub (Bath & BodyWorks)

Beauty starts from the feet up! During the winter, your feet are bundled up in thick socks and boots. It’s time to let them breathe. To keep your feet looking smooth and ready for flip flop weather, try out this foot scrub. The eucalyptus scent is so refreshing, you’ll never have to feel embarrassed about stinky feet again!

2. Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer

The Simple brand is new to the Canadian market, but it’s already becoming a staple for many cosmetics fans. This moisturizer is lightweight and oil-free, perfect for even the most sensitive skin. With an SPF of 15, it will help protect your skin from the harmful rays, which is something many of us forget about during the winter months.

3. Moroccan Oil Treatment

The cold winter weather can have damaging effects on your hair. Moroccan Oil restores dry and over-processed hair, leaving it with a silky finish. Although it is on the pricier side, a little bit goes a long way with this product, it’s definitely worth the investment!

4. Soap & Glory’s Handfood

Dry hands are a common problem during the winter months, so make sure you carry a hand lotion in your purse that you can whip out once your skin starts cracking. We recommend Soap & Glory’s Handfood. The lotion smells like the luxurious perfume Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. It’s no surprise that it smells so sweet – one of the ingredients is marshmallow!

5. Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Instant Hair Repair Treatment

A good hair mask is essential for maintaining healthy and shiny hair in the winter. Try out this one by Organix – not only does it leave your hair smelling great – it’s free of sulphates and parabens, which means that it won’t weigh your hair down. Use it once a week for beautiful and smooth hair.

6. Bubblegum Lip Scrub (Lush)

Lip Scrub is definitely the must-have product for the season. There is nothing worse than dealing with sore and chapped lips. The Lush Lip Scrubs help remove dead skin and taste amazing. Once you exfoliate your lips, just lick it off! After that, you can apply any lip colour without it looking flaky. The scrub comes in many other yummy flavours including bubblegum, mint julips, popcorn and sweet lips.

7. Butterball Bath Bomb (Lush)

When temperatures drop below zero, relax with a nice hot bath. It’s so satisfying to throw in a bath bomb and watch it dissolve! This vanilla scented bath bomb contains cocoa butter, which is great for rehydrating dry skin.

8. Aquaphor Lip Repair

One of the most hydrating lip balms on the market, Aquaphor’s Lip Repair is designed to protect your lips. The high SPF makes it perfect for the summer as well, so whether you are going skiing or spending your vacation at the beach, this product is one you need to bring along.

9. The Body Shop Shea Body Butter

The Body Shop is well known for its moisturizing body butters. They sink right into your skin and don’t leave an oily residue. With a wide range of scents to choose from, you are bound to find one you love!