This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

I hear a lot of talk over Diva Cups and why we should or should not be using them. Some may be afraid to use a new product they aren’t familiar with or products they don’t know all the facts about. To make everyone a Diva Cup user (as we all should be, in my opinion) here are the basics. 

1. In the long run, it’s cheaper.
At a typical drug store in Ontario, a box of 32 tampons will run you about $10, and that will probably last you the month; that’s about $120 a year. A Diva Cup, on the other hand, will cost you one low payment of $40 to last you over a year.

2. It doesn’t kill the environment.
If we’re all using all those tampons they gotta go somewhere. And trust me just throwing them out isn’t saving the environment. All of these tampons are ending up in landfills. So if we’re all using 32 a month, that’s 384 per year. So by using the Diva Cup, you’re cutting out almost all of that waste.

3. It doesn’t ruin all the cute underwear.
Let’s be real here, it happens to all of us. We leak and it ruins our cutest pair of undies. We cry as if we have a funeral because we’re not even going to try to get that out. After using the Diva Cup for three months, I have NEVER had a leak. All of my panties are still safe and stain free. It’s basically a miracle. It works by making suction to your skin so it moves with you and prevents leaks.

4. It’s easy to use.
You don’t need to change it out every 8 hours like tampons, so you can actually get a full nights rest with it in. You can get your full 12 hours of beauty rest before you need to empty it out. Taking it out and puting it back in is almost as fast as putting in or taking out a tampon. All you need to do is pinch, pull, rinse, fold, insert, twist, and you’re done.

Really I can sit here and tell you all the great things about it or you can just go out and buy one yourself. There are two sizes, one for those under thirty with no kids, and the other for those over thirty who have kids. You just pick it up, use the coupon in the box to get yourself a bottle of Diva Wash and you’re set.

For more info check out Diva Cup’s website, then hit up the drug store and buy your own today. 

Picture Credits
Cover Picture

Hello and Welcome to my profile! I am a second year Psychology student at uOttawa as well as a first year writer for the HCuOttawa chapter.