This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Calling all collegiettes – it’s that time of year again! No, not the week of broken New Year’s resolutions – it’s time for Capital Catwalk, our annual charity fashion show! Join us on January 30, 2016 for a fabulous night of fashion and food for a good cause – details here.

But like all great events, Capital Catwalk comes with a pretty big dilemma – what on earth is a stylish collegiette to wear? No fear – read on for four perfectly poised outfits guaranteed to make a splash at the show!

1. Layers on Layers

Layer up in a multitude of different textures and fabrics for a cool, detail-oriented look. Pair pleather pants with a chic sweater, badass leather jacket, and cozy faux fur vest for an outfit that will keep you warm enough for Ottawa in January, AND look incredible for the show!

2. Magnificent Metals

Another option is to go classic – yep, the Audrey Hepburn-esque little black dress. Works for every single occasion, and Capital Catwalk is no different! Throw on a giant metallic statement necklace to up your cool factor, and you’ll be good to go!

3. Suit Up

If dresses aren’t your thing, go full menswear with a sharp suit! Black, grey, and navy are classics and you can’t go wrong with them, but Capital Catwalk is the place to try something new – perhaps a head-to-toe jewel toned ensemble like the emerald green above?

4. Vintage Vixen

If none of the above are speaking to you, look to history for some inspiration! A vintage inspired outfit always looks classy and unique. Update the look with some modern jewelry or some big clunky heels and you’re set!

What do you plan on wearing to Capital Catwalk? Tag us in your pics on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! We’ll see you at the show on January 30th!

You can buy tickets and get more details on the event here!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

Mercedes Cant is a Communication graduate student at the University of Ottawa.