What Christmas Movie You Should Watch Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18) – A Charlie Brown Christmas 

Like Charlie Brown in this movie, you’re highly intellectual and able to notice when something is off; you also excel at solving problems and helping others, even when things get tough. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t love Snoopy? 

Pisces (February 19 – March 20) – It’s a Wonderful Life 

In this movie, George Bailey is known for his generosity to the people of Bedford Falls – a quality that you’re sure to appreciate as a Pisces. What’s more, compassion, another quality you hold close, is a big theme throughout this classic holiday movie – it reminds us that even in hard times, we do indeed have a wonderful life!

Aries (March 21 – April 19) – The Nightmare Before Christmas 

As a natural-born leader, you’re often determined to look for competition – but your ultimate goal is to be first. Luckily, even if things go wrong, you’re usually able to be optimistic. You’re able to interpret this movie in any way you’d like: take it as a reminder to let things happen without having to be in control, or simply practice keeping a good attitude when things go wrong, because believe us, this movie is a rollercoaster of emotions – but really, what good movie isn’t? 

Taurus (April 20 – May 20) – Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer 

If there’s one word we could use to describe Taurus’s and Rudolph alike, it’d be “reliable”! Needless to say, you’ll be sure to see a bit of yourself in Santa’s #1 helper. As a typically practical person, we think you’ll appreciate the narration throughout by Sam the snowman, which is both adorable and helpful!

Gemini (May 21 – June 20) – Polar Express 

As someone who’s typically fascinated with the world and everything it has to offer, you’ll definitely appreciate this movie which focuses on the wonder of life and the spirit of Christmas – all wrapped up in a magical journey!

gold-color Christmas bauble
Eleonora Albasi/Unsplash

Cancer (June 21 – July 22) – Love Actually 

As a Cancer, you’re known to be sympathetic and emotional; what better way to explore your emotional side than with a romance movie? If you’re anything like us, this movie’s perfect combination of Christmas spirit and love will put you in the best possible mood for the holiday season! 

Leo (July 23 – August 22) – Arthur Christmas 

Like Arthur, you’re good at bringing people together and leading them towards a shared cause – in this movie’s case, saving Christmas. Your creative side may even allow you to appreciate the animation more than the other signs, as it’s quite detailed and impressive to say the least!

Virgo (August 23 – September 22) – How the Grinch Stole Christmas 

Virgo’s are known to be one of the most hardworking signs – but everyone needs a break now and then! Take it from the Grinch himself: some things are worth working for, while sometimes it can be best to sit back and appreciate what’s around you.  

Libra (September 23 – October 22) – Miracle on 34th Street 

As someone who’s fair-minded and constantly chasing justice and equality, we think the best movie for you is one with a legal component. We won’t give anything away, but trust us, you’ll love this Christmas classic that works out in all the right ways. 

Paola Chaaya via Unsplash

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21) – Home Alone 

Kevin must be a Scorpio, because it would definitely take someone brave to be home alone over Christmas AND to be able to wittily defend their house from burglars! And, if you happen to be passionate about this movie (in true Scorpio fashion), you’re in luck: there’s not one, but five Home Alone movies for you to enjoy this holiday season!

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21) – Elf 

Like Buddy, you’re idealistic and able to be optimistic and enthusiastic about nearly anything. As such, you’re sure to enjoy this goofy movie – it’s definitely a classic for us!

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19) – A Christmas Story 

As a Capricorn, you’re disciplined and serious by nature – you’ll likely agree with Ralphie’s mother that if he gets a Red Ryder BB gun, he’ll shoot his eye out! However, if you’re able to give your responsible side a break for an evening, we’re sure you’ll enjoy this goofy movie about a young boy who really only wants one thing for Christmas, no matter how dangerous it may be. 

Teaghan is a fourth-year Translation student who loves drinking espresso and thrifting--in that order. She is also a part of the Campus Trendsetters community! Find her on Instagram @teaghandurand :)
Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!