Wellness

Wellness Podcasts For a Healthier Mind and Body

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

With the semester already started and a million tasks pending on your to-do list, it can be easy to forget to prioritize your health and wellness. Luckily for us busy girls, there are some tips and advice on health and wellness in audio form. Here are some of my favourite health and wellness podcasts that I recommend!

The morning ritual

The Morning Ritual by Lilly Balch is a meditation podcast that offers guided meditations and affirmations that provide clarity, balance, and ease to your day. With meditations ranging from 12 mins to 20 mins in length, with an array of different focuses, this podcast could work for you! I really love her mini-series, RESET, which focuses on different meditation focus points like reflection, letting go, etc. If you love meditating or want to start, I recommend this podcast!

Radio headspace

Radio Headspace by Headspace is a great podcast for when you need to take a breath, relax, and reflect. Each podcast is only about 5 minutes long, which is great if you’re super busy and need a few minutes to pause. Headspace also offers an app for if you want to practice mindfulness and breathing techniques to relieve anxiety or stress. I highly recommend this podcast for those who are busy during they day but still want to practice mindfulness!

Maintenance phase

This podcast by Aubrey Gordon and Michael Hobbes called Maintenance Phase is an interesting podcast that debunks health rumours, wellness scams, and fake nutritional advice. With many celebrities now endorsing health and wellness products, it’s hard to know if what they’re promoting is actually good for you or not. Being more health conscious and aware of what you’re putting in your body is important. Each podcast is around an hour long (or more), so you can press play and go about doing your errands!

Get sleepy

For those of us who suffer from insomnia or just can’t get a good night’s rest, Get Sleepy: Sleep meditation and stories by Slumber Studios is so helpful. This podcast helps relax the mind and body with its unique stories and calming music. All you need to do is press play and close your eyes. Each podcast is about an hour long, and you can use the sleep timer as well if you don’t want it to play for that long! The voices in this podcast are so calming and will help you instantly fall into a deep slumber.

Podcasts are a hit right now, so why not practice self-care and mindfulness while going about your day? Apple Music, Spotify, and YouTube offer many podcasts focusing on health, nutrition, and mental health. I hope these recommendations are a great fit for you and help you prioritize your well-being, because that’s most important!

Sarah Bukhari

U Ottawa '24

Sarah is an Honours Biology student minoring in Psychology at uOttawa. She loves film photography, coffee, and art! Find her socials @sarahbkri