Welcome to Hogwarts: An Invitation to the UESA’s second annual Yule Ball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

With the help of the uOttawa Quidditch Club, the Undergraduate English Students’ Association is hosting their second annual Yule Ball this Saturday night at All Saint’s Church—the ideal setting for a magical evening—Hogwarts style.

What more could you possibly expect from English students?

The first ever Yule Ball took place last February and was organized by the UESA’s two previous VP Socials, Austin Webster and Kyle Wallace.  The event was such a success that the two passed down the torch and glitter to one of the UESA’s current socials, Alexandra Baillie-David, who has been preparing for this special evening all year.  According to Alexandra, this is the UESA’s biggest event aside from 101 Week.  “The Yule Ball is a momentous occasion in the Harry Potter series, and the fact that we have made it an annual event, I think, shows exactly how dedicated we are to our favourite works of literature.”

Like in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the UESA’s own Yule Ball will be quite a big event with a delicious dinner, live music, dancing and a special performance of A Very Potter Musical by the University of Ottawa’s own theatre students.  All Saint’s Church is situated at the corner of Laurier and Chapel, mere minutes away from campus.  The doors open at 6pm where cocktails will be served.  The delicious dinner, which includes wide variety of foods and whose many dishes are vegetarian, will be served at 7pm.  Tickets can be purchased in the UESA office at ARTS 321 for $40.  Doors will open to the public after dinner and tickets for the latter portion of the evening will be available for $5.

Prepare yourself for a night of magic, glitter and debauchery, and buy your ticket today!

Stephanie lives with her parents and is currently studying English Literature and German Language at the University of Ottawa. She enjoys stalking the aisles of cramped and unorganized bookstoores, watching Doctor Who, and listening to The Beatles. You can follow her on Twitter @englitsteph and find her writerly Tumblr at www.pen-scratches.tumblr.com .