Top 10 Sexiest Vampires Of All Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s Halloween night and you’re leaving a party around two in the morning. Upon leaving the party, you decline many offers from guys wanting to take you home. You tell them “no thank you” and start walking towards your house. You turn left on an alley that you usually take during day light, but now it’s very spooky and you’re shivering. You hear some noises behind you, so you start walking faster. You decide to turn around. You have the surprise of your life: standing in front you are ten of the sexiest smooth criminals ever known. Here they are:

1) Damon Salvatore

Damon is a captivating character on The Vampire Diaries. He was born in 1840 and became a vampire in 1864 after falling in love with a vampire, Katherine Pierce, and drinking her blood. He wanted to give up his human life and spend eternity with her. However, when his brother revealed her secret to the towns people, she was taken away. The brothers tried to rescue her, but were shot dead by their father, who was ashamed of his sons for loving a vampire. They died with Katherine’s blood in their in their systems. To complete the transformation they had to drink the blood of innocent people. Damon resented his brother for being turned into a vampire along with him. Since that day, he promised to make his brother’s life miserable, which explains their constant rivalry. Damon was always seen as a scary, heartless and ruthless vampire creating many enemies along the way. However, as we follow his journey, we notice that he just wants to be loved.

2) Stefan Salvatore 

Stefan Salvatore also stars in The Vampire Diaries. He was born in 1846 and was turned into a vampire the same day as his older brother Damon. At the time, he used to love drinking human blood. It was his “blood addiction”. Now, he’s very ashamed of his “dark days” and only drinks animal blood. Currently a resident of Mystic Falls, he shares his time between his ex-flame Katherine Pierce, his new “love” Elena Gilbert, and fighting evil with his brother.

3) Edward Cullen 

Oh Edward! There is something about you that makes all the girls go crazy. He was transformed as a telepathic vampire when he was seventeen years old. In 1918, his adoptive father Carlisle Cullen prevented him from dying of the Spanish influenza that was doing damage in Chicago. Like many vampires who have turned away from the dark side, he doesn’t drink human blood. While living in Forks,Washington, he met the love of his life, a human – Bella Swan. Their love has had a lot of ups and down; however, they stayed together and had a beautiful daughter called Renesmee.

4) Emmet Cullen 

Emmet Cullen is the adoptive brother of Edward Cullen. The two together are an explosive combo of sexy! Emmet was 20 years old when he was attacked in Tennessee by a bear that left him in life-threatening conditions. His wife Rosalie Cullen found him and took him to Carlisle for his transformation.

5) Jasper Hale

In 1861 Jasper served in the American Civil War. Two years later, he was transformed into a vampire by the beautiful but dangerous Maria. She was using him to claim territory. After about a century of working for Maria and building an army of vampires, he became tired of the violent life and left his army. He lived as a nomad and eventually met Alice and joined the Cullen clan, who taught him to drink animal blood instead of human blood.

6) William (Spike) 

William was a struggling poet in 1880 before becoming a vampire. He was deeply in love with a woman called Cecily who brutally rejected him. One night, his destiny lead him to meet vampire Drusilla. This vampire transformed him into the monster that we called Spike. He got this nickname, because he used to torture his victims with railroad spikes. In 1943, after many adventures, he was kidnapped by the Nazis. When he was released, Spike reunited with Drusilla in Italy where he encountered his new enemy – Dracula.  Later, he makes his way to Sunnydale, in the US, where he meets Buffy.

7) Angel

Don’t let his angelic face fool you, Angel is notorious for being one of the most evil and sadistic vampires in history. When he was first resurrected as a vampire, he murdered his whole family, including his young sister. Eventually, he was persuaded to join the fight against evil and help the new vampire slayer, Buffy. He fell in love with her the moment he laid eyes on her, but unfortunately, their relationship was destined to fail.

8) Bill Compton

Anyone who’s lived as long as Bill has is bound to have a closet full of skeletons, and Bill is no exception. He has done some dark, terrible things in his past, but now he just wants to live a normal life like everybody else. He is polite, kind, and always well-mannered, but he won’t hesitate to strike fear into the heart of anyone who crosses him.

9) Eric Northman

This blond haired, blue eyed vampire is 1,000 years old, but he doesn’t look a day over 30! Eric owes his good looks to his Swedish heritage (and immortality), he now resides in Lousiana as the vampire sheriff of Area 5. He also owns a vampire bar called Fangtasia, which serves blood to thirsty vampires – what’s your type? Lucky for us girls, he spends a lot of his on-screen time in the nude! True Blood is definitely a show worth watching, if not for the suspenseful plotlines, then at least for the eye candy.

10) Louis de Pointe du Lac

Like many new vampires, Louis was first repulsed by the idea of hurting humans for his own good. Eventually he gives in and bites a young girl in the neck to drink her blood.

Fun Fact: This young girl was portrayed by Kirsten Dunst and her first kiss was with Brad Pitt in this very movie, Interview with the Vampire! She described it as “disgusting!” Interview with the Vampire is a classic vampire story, perfect for Halloween. If you haven’t seen it, check it out, or better yet, read the book series by Anne Rice.

Luckily, your experience in that dark alleyway was anything but frightening, since these men are the sexiest vampires of all time!

Which one is your favourite? Are there any sexy vampires we missed? Let us know in the comments!

Photo credits:

http://www.sodahead.com/fun/damon-salvatore-or-dean-winchester/question-2499347/?link=ibaf&q=&esrc=s

http://digitalcitizen.ca/2009/12/16/over-185-twilight-and-new-moon-movie-wallpapers-1920-x-1080-pixels/edward-cullen-poster-1920×1080/

http://www.sodahead.com/fun/edward-cullen-or-emmett-cullen/question-260807/?link=ibaf&q=&esrc=s

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/jasper-hale/images/29318698/title/jasper-hale-3-photo

http://vampirediariesguide.com/cast-characters/stefan-paul-wesley/stefan-salvatore-s2054/

http://www.nerdlikeyou.com/halo-the-road-to-tv-and-a-few-story-lines-steven-spielberg-should-consider/2/

Gloria Charles-Pierre is Her Campus uOttawa Alumni. She was one of our writers for four years and the French editor for two years. Gloria graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Arts specialized in French Lierature and two certificates in LSQ (Langue des Signes Québécoise). Now, she is in Teachers College and loving it. Gloria spends her time doing kick-boxing and working on her personnal writing project while growing in her faith. She hopes to travel more, and to continue her studies with a Masters in Education and also continue working in editing.