burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Steal Her Style: Kylie Jenner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Time to steal another celebrity’s style for you, my lovely collegiettes. It’s the segment where we take a celeb’s iconic style and put it in your closet for less than $100. So, which fashionista is up next?

Who’s Kim Kardashian again? Oh right, she’s the sister of the now famously stylish Kylie Jenner. Her Instagram is famously stunning and even people in the non-fashion world are buzzing about the rising fashion mogul.

She’s known for her edgy blue-ombré hair, stiletto nails and her layering of chokers. All these accessories compliment her grunge, boho attire. She uses the layering of basics to make normally boring looks excitingly different. She takes the grunge, punk rock lock of the 1990s Nirvana era and gives it elegance with beautiful shoes, accessories and fierce make up looks.

Filled with plaid, distressed denim and neutral colours, Kylie’s style makes her the perfect spring and summer fashion spirit animal. So bring out your internal rock star, distress some of your denim and throw on a crop top because I’ve dissected three of her most worn looks and given you the best ways to re-create it! 

Style 1: “I Stole my Boyfriend’s Shirt” Dress

Kylie loves a t-shirt dress. She pairs them with leather jackets for a night out, but she also wears them with a denim jacket or a baggy plaid shirt to give them a more casual look. What gives this look a more high-end vibe is the knee-high stiletto boots she commonly wears. 

T-Shirt Dress From Brandy Melville:

Jean Jacket

Plaid Shirt:

Shoes:

The end result?

Style 2: “Rocking the Rock” Tees

We all have some old concert tees just begging to be worn and this is a great way to bring some grunge to your look .

T-Shirt:

Skirt:

Shoes:

The end result?

Style 3: “I Stole my Boyfriend’s Jeans” Jeans

Boyfriend jeans are everywhere now. These baggy jeans are super comfy and really stylish. To counter balance that boyish shape, Kylie pairs them with countless different crop tops to show off that bod. Don’t want to bare all? These jeans can easily paired with a fitted long-sleeve top.

Jeans 

Shirt: “Ellie” top from Brandy Melville

Shoes

The end result?

That’s it for this edition of “Steal Her Style”! If you try out any of these looks, collegiettes, tag us on Instagram (@hercampus_uottawa) and Twitter with the #HCuOttawa!

Credits: 1&2 3 4 5