This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It may have been a year and a half ago, but the date will live forever in our celebrity-obsessed minds – September 27, 2014. That’s the date that George Clooney officially married Amal Clooney (née Alamuddin), putting an end to his seemingly eternal bachelorhood and catapulting Amal and her flawless fashion into the spotlight.

To be clear, I absolutely do not want to gloss over Amal’s many accomplishments in favour of her famous marriage. I mean, the woman is an internationally famed barrister and human rights activist whose clients include the state of Columbia, the United Nations, and the Irish government. Her career is literally exemplary!

Amal Clooney is certainly a woman to look up to – I kind of want to be her when I grow up, if I’m being totally honest. And while I’m working on my Amal-inspired career, I think I could make a good start by building an Amal-inspired wardrobe! She looks flawless no matter where she is or what she’s doing. Read on and see where you can buy your own pieces inspired by one of Amal’s many chic looks!

I love this look of Amal’s! It’s classy and business-like, but still comfortable and cool – perfect for the collegiette gearing up to enter the workforce, and let’s be real, we’re all sick of winter already. The light beige tones and cheery jewelry in this look just scream springtime, which I am so ready for! Lucky for you, I’ve gone digging through the web and tracked down similar pieces so you can build your own Amal-inspired look.

The piece that I focused on was Amal’s classic trench. No, they aren’t exactly difficult to find, but finding one on the cheap is a little bit more of a challenge. Luckily for you (and me), I found this lovely little trench by Forever21, AKA my favourite discount store ever, for just $35!

I know these pants are a little more expensive at $45, but frankly khaki pants are an investment. You can wear them with anything, and they make the most basic sweater work-ready! Besides, these ones from Dynamite are faux suede, so they’re super soft and have a little bit of a cool edge.  

Amal’s bag is so great in this outfit. I have no idea where she got it, but somehow I suspect it costs a bit more than the very similar satchel I found for you – which is only $24 from this awesome web store Charming Charlie! A nude satchel is a must have for spring and summer, and this one is big enough to hold everything you need for school or work.

I couldn’t find Amal’s exact necklace here, but the cheery yellow crystals are really neat. I found another awesome yellow statement necklace for you for the low price of $14, again from Charming Charlie. The great thing about statement necklaces is that they elevate any look into something appropriate for a much more formal situation!

Pair all of these pieces with a plain white t-shirt and your favourite pair of nude flats (not necessarily beige – for this look, go with shoes that match your skin tone) and you’re set!

Will you try this outfit for your next corporate inspired look? Let us know on our Facebook or Twitter!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Mercedes Cant is a Communication graduate student at the University of Ottawa.