This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

As the clocks move forward an hour and the heaps of snow start to melt, we start to realize that the end our winter semester is in sight. In just a few short weeks spring will be in full bloom and we’ll be free to enjoy the sunny days and warm weather. One of my favourite parts of this time between winter and spring is seeing the spring collections of clothes, shoes, and of course, perfume. As soon as the new fragrances hit the mall, you’ll find me floating between Sephora, Shoppers, and Murale trying to get my hands on the latest scents.

1. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Blush 

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Blush $90 at Sephora (50ml)

Last year Marc Jacobs came out with a new fragrance called Daisy dream. Dare I say that I love this scent more than the original Daisy? It’s light and floral without being too overpowering.

2. Modern Muse Eau Le Rouge

Modern Muse Eau Le Rouge $68 at Sephora (30ml) 

If you’re a fan of Estée Lauder’s makeup and skincare lines, you may want to try out Modern Muse and the newest, limited edition fragrance in the collection called Eau Le Rouge. I loved the original scent and I’m dying to get this one. I went into the store to purchase it, but it seems they’re only selling it online so either call ahead or treat yo’self to some online shopping.

3. Kate Spade Walk on Air

Kate Spade Walk on Air  $65 at Sephora (30ml)

This scent actually came out last year but it is definitely a fashionista favourite. Not only is the bottle adorable, but the scent is lovely. It’s fresh, light, and floral which is a perfect choice for a spring scent. Plus, it’s Kate Spade.

4. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Blush

Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Blush $90 at Sephora (50ml)

Along with Daisy Dream, Marc Jacobs released another variation of the original Daisy fragrance, but this one is called Eau So Fresh. With notes of pear and honeysuckle it has a lighter scent than the original and is also different from Daisy Dream’s notes of violet, rose, and freesia. Try out both and see which one you like better. Or choose both. Both are good.

5. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet

Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet $64 at Sephora (30ml)  

This scent and any of the Miss Dior fragrances are my absolute favourites. There are hints of white musk and pink peonies and it smells absolutely incredible. Also, the bottle is perfection and it makes me feel fancy when I use it.

Perfume is without a doubt one of my favourite parts of spring and I love adding a new scent to my collection. Marc Jacobs and Dior are the holy grail of perfumes in my mind. If you’re looking for a new fragrance or want to update your spring scent, definitely check these out.

Do you have a favourite spring scent? Did you purchase one these new fragrances? Snap a pic and tag us on Instagram or send us a tweet on Twitter!

Resources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Kaysey graduated from the University of Ottawa with a double major in English and Sociology and is currently studying Professional Writing and Communications at Humber College. She hails from the fabulous city of Toronto and can quote Disney like it's her job. Some of her favourite things to do are reading, writing, and aimlessly surfing the internet for inspiration. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram, @kaysey_dee,  or check out her blog: Portrait of a Fashionista