This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s December, a.k.a the time of year to watch holiday movies with the family and get in the holiday spirit! And we can guarantee you’ll feel festive after watching these seven movies.

Klaus (2019)

After proving he is the worst student at the academy, a postman is sent to a frigid northern village where he meets Klaus, a solitary toymaker.

HOME ALONE (1990)

After Kevin McCallister’s family departs for a Christmas vacation, leaving him alone, he is tasked with defending his family’s home from two reckless burglars.

JINGLE ALL THE WAY (1996)

As a Christmas present for his son, a father promises to give him a Turbo Man action figure. He’ll have to search the entire town and outbid everyone to find a store, however, because they are all sold out.

THE CLAUS FAMILY (2020)

This is a Dutch-Belgian movie in which Jules, who despises the holidays, discovers his family’s magical heritage when his grandfather unexpectedly becomes ill and Joel realizes he’s the only one who can rescue Christmas.

A BOY CALLED CHRISTMAS (2021)

A regular little boy named Nikolas embarks on an amazing journey into the frigid north in search of his father, who is trying to locate the famous elf village of Elfhelm.

ARTHUR CHRISTMAS (2012)

When Santa forgets to give a child a gift, Arthur, Santa’s son, fears that the magic of Christmas is in jeopardy. As a result, Arthur sets out on a crazy journey to deliver the last gift with the aid of retired Grand-Santa, a wayward young elf, an old sleigh, and some untrained reindeer.

NOELLE (2019)

Noelle Kringle, Santa Claus’ daughter, lives a bright and joyful life at the North Pole. Sadly, Noelle’s father passes away, so Nick, her brother, must assume responsibility for Santa. Due to the pressure, Nick chooses to take a weekend getaway that was only meant to last a few days but ended up lasting a week. Noelle embarks on a quest in an effort to save her brother and Christmas.

Now that you have our recommendations, it’s time to get cozy and watch festive movies. Enjoy!