Style > Beauty

Sephora Bronzer Shade 03 “Los Cabos” is Discontinued — Now What?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Finding the perfect bronzer/contour powder is kinda like meeting your soulmate… once you find the right one, you stick with it. But then, inevitably, it ends up getting discontinued and you’re left watching *endless* Youtube reviews and swatching literally every product at the drugstore to find a suitable replacement. Looking for a light-coloured cool-toned matte bronzer/contour powder to replace the Sephora Collection bronzer shade 03 Los Cabos? You’re in luck. I spent hours searching the internet, watching beauty bloggers, and asking friends for recommendations to come up with the perfect dupe. Here’s what I found:

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Shade Park Ave Princess — This cult favourite doesn’t disappoint! It has arguably the prettiest packaging of the four and only costs $40 (which isn’t technically that much when you consider the use you’ll get out of it). This product is the most similar to Los Cabos but leans slightly more pink, as opposed to the yellow undertones in Los Cabos.

Quo Beauty Bronzer Powder in Shade 25 Cool Contour — I only spent $14 on this baby! Although it’s a bit warmer-toned than Los Cabos, it is still on the cooler side of the spectrum. This is a great option if you’re looking for a product that can double as a bronzer and a contour powder.

Milani Cosmetics Silky Matte Bronzing Powder in Shade 02 Sun Kissed — Another drugstore brand, Milani has been a pleasant surprise to beauty bloggers everywhere. This one costs $16, but I would argue that it’s worth more than that. This powder is long-wearing and goes on very evenly (no blotchiness here!) The colour is similar to but slightly darker than Park Ave Princess.

Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Contour Powder in Light — A little more on the pricey side at $58, but with good reason — this product is the contour powder of all contour powders. This is the coolest shade of the four, so if you’re looking to define your features without adding any warmth whatsoever, then this one is your best bet.

We’ll miss you Los Cabos! But our cheekbones won’t be lonely for long…

Photo by Adrienn from Pexels

Emily wrote and edited for Her Campus and Her Campus at uOttawa from 2020–2022.
Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!