This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Full name: Robert Thomas Daniel Aitken’ 16

Age: 21

Program:  Conflict Studies at Saint-Paul University

Relationship status: Single

Hollywood crush: Jennifer Aniston 

What do you look for in your significant other?

Someone who has a good head on their shoulders. A person who has gone through things so they can help me when I face challenges and somebody I’ll be able to help in return. I don’t want to be with someone who is materialistic.

It’s hard to say, it really depends on the person and the circumstances. In my last relationship, it was about morals. Knowing that the other person always had the best intentions. That’s really important to me. 

What is your biggest turn off?

Insecurity. A girl who tries to get attention, however she goes about it. It shows that no matter what I would do, I won’t be able to make it better, I could only give her attention in the meantime.  

Can you tell me about your worst date? 

I haven’t been dating seriously lately. My last relationship lasted three years, so it’s all a big blur. I remember my first date with my ex-girlfriend; we were at Dairy Queen and she had a milkshake, but it started drooling down her face and I didn’t say anything. 

Can you tell me about one of your most embarrassing moments?

I had to bring three glasses of water to one of the first tables I had as a server at Hilltop. However, when I got there, one was about to spill, so I tried to save it, but in the process of doing so, I spilt the other two glasses all over my customers. I just stood there in shock and then ran away!

How are you involved in the community?

Around the age of 18, I started working for some NGO’s like World Vision, Red Cross and Planet Canada. I was fundraising for them and after that I really got into philanthropy. I joined the fraternity Sigma Alpha Mu about two years ago and immediately after, I became the philanthropy chair. From there, I created mandatory community hours for active brothers. 35 hours for those who didn’t work and 30 hours for those who did work. For every hour that wasn’t completed, they had to donate $5.00. During my term, we adopted Somerset East which we had to clean up twice a year. We also raised close to $6,000.00 for Movember, another $1,000.00 for Cystic Fibrosis and some money for the Lady of St-Jude fund which is our organization’s international philanthropy. Now, I’m Pledge Master of my fraternity. 

What are your goals in life?

I’m going to school to become a counselor. I don’t know in what field yet, but most likely addictions counseling. I want to help people.

Outside of work, I want to travel so I can see and learn new things.

When it comes to family, I don’t know. I come from a very big family… 12 siblings. I don’t see myself wanting to have that, but family is most likely something I’ll want eventually.

Nothing is set in stone; I know what I want to do for a living and outside of work. I just want to stay healthy. 

Who is your role model?

My stepfather. My mom is currently in school doing her masters. She never really had an education and through all this, he’s the only one who supported all these kids with a job. He worked for a school board and worked with disabled kids, so everything he does is for them and for my family. He’s simply the most selfless man I know and that’s what I strive to be.