This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s not procrastinating if you’re learning something new right? At least that’s what I like to tell myself…

As much as I love taking study breaks watching whatever reality show TLC has come up with recently, my newest tv habit is watching Netflix documentaries.

Here are 5 things that you should be watching for your own procrastination education. 

1. Planet Earth II

David Attenborough narrates season 2 of the wildly popular nature series produced by BBC. Since the last Planet Earth series, newly developed camera technology has allowed them to get closer to wildlife than ever before.  Each episode delves into a different animal habitat like grasslands, mountains, deserts and jungles.

2. The Confession Tapes

Any true crime lover is going to devour this series. Each episode showcases false confessions leading to murder convictions. The documentary gets up close and personal with the accused, and goes in depth into each case and alternative ways the crime could have taken place. In a compliant false confession, the person confesses because it is the only way for them to get out of the situation that they are in- so what would make someone confess to murder?

3. Fittest On Earth

If you’re feeling down about not being able to keep up with your workout routine while its study season, watch other people go through the ultimate physical challenges! Fittest on Earth brings you behind the scenes of the Crossfit Games, where athletes compete in what I can only describe as “The Olympics of Working Out”. This documentary explains the history behind the sport and all of the blood sweat and tears that goes into training.

4. Chef’s Table

For all you foodies out there, this documentary series profiles world class chefs who are redefining what gourmet food means.

As I am already addicted to the Food Channel, finding this series on Netflix was the ultimate jackpot. Watching people cook is incredibly relaxing, and this doc brings you all over the world to explore different cultures and different foods!

5. Amanda Knox

In 2007, Amanda Knox was accused and tried for the murder of her roommate Meredith Kercher while she was living in Italy. The Italian investigations and American investigations came up with different conclusions as to what really happened that night and this documentary follows the entire story from the media outlook on the case, Amanda’s own story, and the lengthy prosecution. Years later people are still wondering, did she do it?

“There are those who believe my innocence and there are those who believe in my guilt. There’s no in between – either I’m a psychopath in sheep’s clothing or I am you.” –Amanda Knox

What documentaries do you watch for your own procrastination education?