This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

So it’s that time of year again, the Holiday season. The happiest and most expensive time of year with gifts to buy and parties to attend, what’s a girl with a limited budget and a passion for fashion to do?

When looking for the perfect dress for the holidays, major trends to keep in mind are festive colours (red/green), metallic, sequins, silver, gold, and of course you can’t go wrong with a little black dress!

I searched the corners of the internet looking through my favourite shopping websites for the best dress to keep you looking cute through the holiday season for any event! All dresses featured are under $50.

Happy shopping!

GIRLS NIGHT OUT:

Looking for the perfect dress to bring in the New Year? These dresses are perfect for a night out with your girls. Sparkly and just a tad revealing they’ll definitely have you ready to pucker up at midnight.

FELICITE PREMIUM SEQUIN CROSS OVER DRESS IN ANTIQUE GOLD – $41.78  

Club L Plus Size Sequin 2 in 1 Dress – $39.53

Club L Plunge Mesh Skater Dress – $47.01

CLASSY AND CHIC:

Meeting the parents or going out to an elegant dinner party? These dresses are sexy but sophisticated and bound to have you receiving compliments all night long.  

VALERIE VELVET STRAPPY DEEP V RUCHE MIDI DRESS BURGUNDY – $47.48

AX Paris Plus Size Lace Skater Dress with Sweetheart Neckline – $44.87

LARA LACE OVERLAY MIDI DRESS – $50.00

JESSICA METALLIC PANELLED BODYCON DRESS – $50.00

Feel like sharing your holiday look? Tag #hercampusUottawa on twitter and Instagram, we’d love to see it!  

Credits 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hi there! I am Bolu Erinoso, currently a 4th year Communications student obsessed with all things media, fashion, and beauty related. I love to read, write and recently started a personal style website at www.whimsicalsoles.com with my fellow HerCampus writer Nancy.