This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Fall is this collegiette’s favourite fashion season. From plaid blanket scarves and capes, to knee high boots with tights; fall fashion trends are in full effect. Now all we need is a favourite fall face to match these fully fall outfits.

So what makes a perfect fall face? Start by being inspired by the warm and rich colours that this season brings. Below are the elements that can make any make-up look fabulously autumnal. Wear each one individually or all together, either way embrace the chilling of the season and warm up the crowd with your look.

Flushed CheekThe fall Ottawa chill can always help you achieve this look, but an extra touch of flush can up your autumnal vibe. Just a touch of wine red or a gold-y pink match with your flawless contouring highlights your cheek bones and matches perfectly with a dark or light lip.The perfect product? Benetint by Benefit (psst this product acts as a fab lip stain too)

Berry LipsA strong and dark berry lip adds edge to any comfy fall look. A perfect lip requires a bit more effort with this shade, but a matching lip liner and added caution will help maintain it day or night. This shade leaves the perfect lipstick stain on your Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte too.The perfect product? Darkside by MAC

Sharp LinerSharp eyeliner is always in style, but this season’s runways saw an excess of graphic liner looks. This collegiette likes keeping it simple for a day-to-day look with a perfect cat-eye (when I can get them symmetrical, that is). Stick with black or experiment with a brown or burgundy eyeliner to mix it up.The perfect product? Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner

Bronze or Gold ShadowTo counterbalance the dark lip and to infuse some inspiration from the falling leaves, a gold shadow and a smoky eye will do the trick. Take any dark brown or taupe shade and brush it through your crease and down into the outer corner of your eye. Then brush a shimmering shade over the rest of your lid. Finish with a highlight in the inner corner and your eyes will be glowing with gold.

The perfect product? Bad to the Bronze Maybelline Color Tattoo

Fall is the season to experiment with your makeup look. It’s a new season, with new colours and it’s the last couple months to look cute in dresses before having to bundle up and brave the harsh winter (yes, a tad dramatic).

Enjoy the Pumpkin Spice flavoured season collegiettes!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5