This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

We’ll admit, now that the Rideau Centre has Nordstrom, Club Monaco, and J. Crew, there seems to be very little reason to shop anywhere else (or even leave the fancy Nordstrom bathroom). However, Ottawa is home to a number of other fantastic clothing shops that aren’t in the mall. We’re sharing our top five!

1. Milk
45 William St
Ottawa, ON

One of our rommate’s love, Milk, which is located in the heart of the Byward Market. Fairly priced with good quality clothing and adorable accessories, it’s really not hard to see why. FYI, we once scored a genuine suede mint-coloured moto-jacket there for under $50. Get thee to Milk, pronto.

2. Ragtime Vintage Clothing
43 Flora St
Ottawa, ON

Located off of Bank Street in Centretown, you can tell right away that Ragtime does not belong in the mall. Cute and whimsical, Ragtime does one-of-a-kind vintage oh so well. Aside from retro clothing, Ragtime will also buy your clothing, consign, and offer costume rentals.

3. NRML
184 Rideau Street
Ottawa, ON

Carrying both men’s and women’s apparel, no store does street style as well as NRML in Ottawa. The store’s vibe perfectly matches their Instagram page — cool, effortless, and the anti-thesis of generic. Check our their Instagram page @NMRL!

4. Roadtrip
24 York St
Ottawa, ON

If you’re one of those collegiettes who can’t seem to hold onto your money, then don’t, I repeat, DON’T like Roadtrip’s Facebook page. You’ll want to buy every BB Dakota summer dress and French Connection feather top. Then you’ll realize that they have an online store too, and you’ll never, ever save enough for your wine fund again. Consider yourself warned.

5. uOttawa Clothing Exchange/Sale
You’d have to attend the University of Ottawa to be a part of the uOttawa Clothing Exchange group, but once you’re in, this is an awesome place to buy, sell, and swap cute stuff with other students. All items should be posted with pictures, size, and price (most of which are negotiable!) and it works on a first come first serve basis. I’ve seen both high and low end items ranging from Lululemon to Aritzia, to Michael Kors! Once you’ve agreed on a price, find somewhere safe to meet up, try some clothes, and maybe make a purchase.

Tell us about your favourite non-mall stores in Ottawa! We’d love to give away our money check them out!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

Health & Lifestyle writer for the U Ottawa chapter. I love fashion, food, and exploring. Stalk me at http://whimsicalsoles.com
Hi there! I am Bolu Erinoso, currently a 4th year Communications student obsessed with all things media, fashion, and beauty related. I love to read, write and recently started a personal style website at www.whimsicalsoles.com with my fellow HerCampus writer Nancy.