The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Growing up as a brown girl, I struggled to find good lip products to use! The products that looked good on most of my friends never suited me. As the years have gone by, I’ve found and invested in some amazing lip products that I absolutely love!

Nars Afterglow Lip Balm in “Laguna”, $37

This is my holy grail lip product. I use it to layer on top of almost all of my lip combos. It’s also so pretty on its own and is moisturizing as well!

Glossier Ultralip in “trench”, $20

This lipstick is the perfect browny pink that goes with almost any makeup look. The formula glides on very smoothly and is the perfect amount of glossy. I always have this product with me on the go!

Clinique Almost lipstick in “black honey”, $28

I swear this product looks good on almost everybody. This is a part of my everyday lip combo (along with the Nars Afterglow Lip Balm) and it adds the perfect little pop of colour to your lips!

Glossier generation g lipstick in “leo”, $20

This is my favourite brown matte lipstick and the first Glossier lip product I have ever owned. As a brown girl, many brown shades were never dark enough to suit my skin tone, and this one’s perfect! It’s great for layering with lip gloss.

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in “Hot Chocolit”, $26

This is the brown it girl lip gloss. It’s constantly sold out and for good reason. This product smells amazing and applies so smoothly. Plus, it’s great on its own and when layering on top of other lip products.

Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in “Nutmeg”, $7

I have never been one to use lip liner until I found this product. If I ever want to spruce up my makeup look or define my lips, this is my go-to product!

I wanted to share this list because I wish I had some recommendations like these growing up! I hope these products serve you well, as they served me.

Faith Dehghan

U Ottawa '23

Faith is a fourth-year student at uOttawa who is majoring in Political Science and minoring in Conflict Studies and Human Rights. You'll usually find her reading a book, she is a major fantasy and romance novel enthusiast!