Spoon Csu-Assorted Doughnuts
Spoon Csu-Assorted Doughnuts
Brook Buchan / Spoon

My Favourite Tim Hortons Items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

After seeing many TikToks with international Tim Hortons menu items like the red velvet cream cold brew drink in the United States, I’ve started to feel a little left out. In honour of Tim’s having all these special items we don’t have in Canada, let’s take the time to appreciate the ones we do have.

1. cold drink

My favourite cold drink of all time is the iced caramel latte. Not only is the drink delicious, but it also looks very nice before you mix it. It’s quite rich and the sweet caramel taste makes it even better. A total knockout in my books and deserving of its first-place spot.

Iced Coffee
Alex Frank / Spoon

2. blended drink

Did I make this category so I could talk about an extra drink?… Absolutely! I have to say the strawberry frozen lemonade is absolutely exquisite. I, like many others, was upset when Tim Hortons discontinued its raspberry lemonade, but I will say that the strawberry lemonade did not disappoint. It’s so refreshing, especially on a hot summer afternoon.

3. Hot drink

My favourite hot drink surely has to be the french vanilla. Even though some people might consider it to be barely coffee, too sweet, or others might just prefer to buy a double-double, the French Vanilla will always be my first choice. It’s best during the winter with your donut of choice.

4. donut

Speaking of donuts, my top pick for a donut is and will always be a Canadian maple donut. Even though I may have neglected it for a while and temporarily replaced it with the apple fritter (I just had to go back to my roots after they reintroduced their recipe with more apples in March 2022), maple will always be a Canadian staple and for that reason, it has to remain my top choice.

Spoon Csu-Assorted Doughnuts
Brook Buchan / Spoon

5. Muffin

The totally appetizing chocolate chip muffin has to be the one I pick with no questions asked. You can never go wrong with a chocolate chip muffin because it’s just good and Tim Hortons does not disappoint. I will say that I do miss the sugar crystals that used to be sprinkled on top, but if you’re looking for a light breakfast or quick snack, it’s definitely worth it.

Muffins
Torey Walsh / Spoon

6. Cookie

My apologies to all the people with a peanut allergy, but the peanut butter cookie is by far one of the best peanut butter cookies I’ve ever had and the best cookie at Tims. It’s soft, not too sweet, and very good. Overall, I think it’s a totally different experience and an item I did not expect from Tims.

7. Breakfast

Last but not least is breakfast. Tim Hortons has always been a staple breakfast place and has always delivered on deliciousness and convenience. You’ve probably heard of the farmer’s wrap and even though it’s absolutely up there on my list, the best item for me has to be the sausage and biscuit farmer’s sandwich. It’s probably because I’d pick their breakfast sandwiches over their breakfast wraps any day, but the farmer’s sandwich just gives more for me.

Even though we may not have as large of a selection as we did a few years ago, I must say they still do have some pretty great items. I would recommend checking out some of these options if you ever make a trip to Tim Hortons!

I like watching movies with friends, music and who would’ve guessed i enjoy writing as well!